Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Champaign, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just updated their Supercharger map for 2015 (direct link) and removed most of the remaining sites, but added a handful, including Champaign. I tried searching permits online, but the results are limited to 20 per page, and the "next" link produced an error. I have a few friends in the area, and I've already asked them to keep a lookout. If anybody has any information about permits or construction please share it here.

My best guess for a location at this point would be near I-74 and Prospect Ave. Just north of the interstate there's a Drury Inn & Suites that has multiple restaurants in walking distance. That'd probably be as good a spot as any.

There was a new map up for about one day that had some new and interesting locations on it, but it was reverted the next day.

Here is a cropped version of that one-day 2015 map (Nov 18, 2015) that I saved. If you open the image as a separate tab (left click), you can see it in full resolution.

2015-One-Day-Map.jpeg

I've been lobbying hard to get a Supercharger in the Champaign area. I'm glad to see that it appears we are getting one. We need one bad and it would fill the gap for many travelers in all directions. It's just a guess for now, but I Imagine Meijers may be the location as they seem to be putting them in at their newer locations.

Papa Dels is renovating a huge building on S. Neil(The old Jillian's bar) that will be pretty nice when finished. They are going to closer their old campus location, and their newer SW Champaign location when the building is finished.