Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone aware of Powerwall's share of TSLA revenue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering Tesla is reported to have taken $800,000 of orders in the first week, and is sold out for 2016, financial expectations might well compare with the car business.
50,000 cars at $100 k each is revenue (not profit) of $4 billion.

100,000 Model 3 at $50k is also $4 billion.

Powerwall is ramping up now, already batteries being produced in the GF, perhaps to the detriment of MX.

Does anyone have up to date estimates from TSLA on PW figures?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, 4 should read 5.

already batteries being produced in the GF, perhaps to the detriment of MX.
Huh? I quickly dug up Tesla will begin production at its Gigafactory in 2016 - Tech Insider which says battery production will start there at end of 2016, which is already ahead of schedule.

Latest SEC filings at Tesla Motors - Quarterly Report says
" The Tesla Gigafactory

We are building the Tesla Gigafactory, a facility where we intend to work together with our suppliers to integrate production of battery material, cells, modules and battery packs in one location. In June 2014, we broke ground on the Gigafactory outside of Reno, Nevada. While construction is still continuing, we relocated production of our Tesla Energy products to the Gigafactory in the fourth quarter of 2015 to a new automated assembly line several quarters ahead of our initial plan. While this will allow us to better accommodate our expected growth, we expect it will cause short-term disruption in Tesla Energy production and deliveries during the fourth quarter of this year. We anticipate beginning cell production, initially for Tesla Energy products, by the end of 2016. "

Tesla Energy revenues are some subset of the Services and other revenue listed on page 5 in the above filing.

During the Q3 earnings call they (Elon?) announced that power pack production had already started at the Gigafactory. Also, moving the production line from Fremont delayed deliveries somewhat, but they are better positioned now. They also said they expect to start cell production at the Gigafactory by the middle of next year, well ahead of schedule.

GSP

As I interpret the Q3 2015 report, Tesla Energy products are now being manufactured at the Gigafactory but the cells are not yet being produced there.
At this point I don't think we have enough information to make useful estimates of how much those products are going to contribute to Tesla's revenue in the near term. In the long term, my estimate is "a lot"!

Not sure of TM GF revenue, but i can assure you that BMW, mercedes, or some other auto manufacturer will have a battery plant running by 2050 and is all ready projected to make so much revenue that it can't even be written in an article. That's what the internet fairy told me last night...