Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Improvised parking signs for two space parkers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
park1.jpg

park2.jpg

park3.jpg

park4.jpg

park5.jpg

park6.jpg

This only tells half of the story. There are also the inconsiderate people who wing their doors into cars parked next to them without a second thought. When parking my Model S, I have always taken the approach of "parking in the next county," well away from other cars. It requires a bit more walking, but it's worth the peace of mind. Often, upon returning to my car, I'll find a pristine Porsche or BMW parked next to me—birds of a feather.

This only tells half of the story. There are also the inconsiderate people who wing their doors into cars parked next to them without a second thought. When parking my Model S, I have always taken the approach of "parking in the next county," well away from other cars. It requires a bit more walking, but it's worth the peace of mind. Often, upon returning to my car, I'll find a pristine Porsche or BMW parked next to me—birds of a feather.

You can combine that with hypermiler parking:
(1) Park as close to the exit as possible to minimize driving distance
(2) Use your momentum, coasting into your parking spot
(3) Pull through so you can easily drive out.
(4) Park on a high point in the lot, so that when you leave, you can just let the car roll out its spot

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the "******* parking" is to prevent dings.

Sounds like you have a choice and you're making a smart one.

I am generally quite happy if I manage to get any parking spot when I need one. My little world has become so congested with cars that poor parking prospects drive my decisions on where not to go and what not to do.