Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla hit in the back for the second time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two weeks after getting the car back from Trade Secret (local Tesla body shop) after it was rear ended while stopped during stop-and-go traffic, the car was hit again today, once again in the rear, while stopped in traffic.

I've been driving for 30 years and I swear drivers become more distracted, less courteous, and generally less caring every year.

I'm so frustrated with the inattention of today's average driver that at this moment I want to sell my Model S and buy a rusted out piece of crap that I care nothing about.

Thanks for listening...

Two weeks after getting the car back from Trade Secret (local Tesla body shop) after it was rear ended while stopped during stop-and-go traffic, the car was hit again today, once again in the rear, while stopped in traffic.

I've been driving for 30 years and I swear drivers become more distracted, less courteous, and generally less caring every year.

I'm so frustrated with the inattention of today's average driver that at this moment I want to sell my Model S and buy a rusted out piece of crap that I care nothing about.

Thanks for listening...

My car is also at Trade secret for the second time...both not my fault (first one rear ended by some one and second one deer hit)...Very frustrating

Thought about selling car and getting old truck (Texas style)

That really is terrible, and I empathize with you. I drive back and forth on I-290 every day and I see all around me drivers of all ages peering at their cellphones as they course along. There are stretches of I-290 that generally scare me because of the density of traffic and the amount of people who simply don't pay attention to what is going on around them. On top of that, you're right: people just don't care any more. My wife's brand new Highlander was hit in the parking lot and there's this huge scrape on the quarter panel and no letter was left behind.

It's tiring and dismaying. Every day I think more and more about getting dash cams installed (I really don't know who will do a good job in this area).

Drive a beater for a few days... you'll miss the Tesla.

But yea, I think we've all been there, when someone has no respect. I just LOVE being tail-gaited by 16 year olds who's cars are worth less than my battery pack or rear bumper. You KNOW they can stop in time.

So sorry to hear of the re-injury!
My car is propelled by a bloomin' force field; don't know why we can't have a rear Deflector Field too...

-updated- Mine is out of the body shop finally, waiting for insurance to pony up and I might get her back tomorrow or even today!

Sorry about the accident. I agree with you people seem to become less attentive with cell phones. I have witnessed two rear endings right next to me at red lights just in the past six months. One girl, texting while hitting the car next to me, didn't even bother to get out, she just put the phone down for a moment and shrugged.:cursing: When it turned green everybody started driving so perhaps rear ending is the new normal.

As a precaution, I have started to drive with rear lights on even during the day, hopefully it helps somewhat. The only way I managed to do it though was by turning on the parking lights. Is there a way to keep them on by default?

Aw man, I really hate to see this. Rockster, you were so kind to PM me and let me come and see your Model S during the middle of the work day back when I was thinking of getting one.

I hate to see it's been damaged again. Like taurusking said, I hope you have good luck with Trade Secret. They are abysmally slow, but Rick is second to none there I believe.

Hope you are back to driving it again really soon!