Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Improvement with the USB Music Album Art in V7.0 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear all

Do you guys find any improvements for the Album Cover Art for your USB music in V7.0 ? As I'm in Hong Kong and most music is in Chinese... so just wondering whether it is just doesn't support Chinese character or it happen to all users even in US or Europe ?

As all my music file is from itunes and already have an cover art for that, why don't Tesla just retrieve the cover art form music files metadata to make it easy and happy for everybody .... why do Tesla make it so complicated to download the info from Gracenote (CDDB) database, and it's funny that we have no mean to upload our data to the database to make it correct ! Overall 70% of my music don't have any cover art, 20% is incorrect, only 10% is correct !! It's so annoying and simply a waste of the Console and Dash display !!

Avexzek

Dear all

Do you guys find any improvements for the Album Cover Art for your USB music in V7.0 ? As I'm in Hong Kong and most music is in Chinese... so just wondering whether it is just doesn't support Chinese character or it happen to all users even in US or Europe ?

As all my music file is from itunes and already have an cover art for that, why don't Tesla just retrieve the cover art form music files metadata to make it easy and happy for everybody .... why do Tesla make it so complicated to download the info from Gracenote (CDDB) database, and it's funny that we have no mean to upload our data to the database to make it correct ! Overall 70% of my music don't have any cover art, 20% is incorrect, only 10% is correct !! It's so annoying and simply a waste of the Console and Dash display !!

Avexzek
To me it does seem better, most all of my album art comes up. I agree with you why Tesla cannot just use the art that you download from iTunes.

I don't see any difference.

This has been a frustrating pet peeve of mine for going on 3 years now. Popular songs with simple artist/album names fail to have their art show up, even though I *also* have the art embedded in the song's metadata.

Maybe one day Tesla will devote a few developers to working on bread and butter stuff...

Worse. Several of the titles that used to be consistent with showing album art stopped showing in. Maybe 1 in 30 tracks now show (at best). There are only two improvements in v7. The lock button (which I haven't used, but I can see where it's a positive), and the changing of the small battery icon to an icon (I used to get many questions about it because people thought that was how you told what was left. Of course, the new dash icon is no better. Overall v7 is a real downgrade from v6.

I figure at some point they'll put a couple develops on the audio system.

We'll get playlists and scanning of mp3s for cover art. Perhaps even a better format for skimming through the music on your usb stick. (ie: if you have more than 50 artists, separate folders for the letters of the alphabet so you don't have to stroll past hundreds of artists or tap on the extremely small letters signifying the first letter of the artist name.)

I figure at some point they'll put a couple develops on the audio system.

We'll get playlists and scanning of mp3s for cover art. Perhaps even a better format for skimming through the music on your usb stick. (ie: if you have more than 50 artists, separate folders for the letters of the alphabet so you don't have to stroll past hundreds of artists or tap on the extremely small letters signifying the first letter of the artist name.)

We can only hope. Pretty please voice search for USB music.

On a slightly different note, my "from artist" menu in 6.2 can't detect Japanese names, same thing for "from album". Also in "from album", I sometimes see only a part of songs in one album. This is the reason I don't use these menus.

Instead I use "by folder". But then, I see NO album arts at all!

This software seems to be completely broken.

On a slightly different note, my "from artist" menu in 6.2 can't detect Japanese names, same thing for "from album". Also in "from album", I sometimes see only a part of songs in one album. This is the reason I don't use these menus.

Instead I use "by folder". But then, I see NO album arts at all!

This software seems to be completely broken.

The inability to handle Japanese characters is most likely a result of poor software design. Have you tried both Unicode and JIS? I know a lot of folks in Japan (and pretty much the entire web) still prefer JIS characters, but you have a much better chance of Tesla supporting Unicode. Of course, if you put your media in any MP3 player made in Japan, it will probably not handle Unicode and only deal with JIS.

The problem with the "from album" may be slightly different values in the ID3 tag for that field. I've seen a lot of screwy stuff with those tags.

The inability to handle Japanese characters is most likely a result of poor software design. Have you tried both Unicode and JIS? I know a lot of folks in Japan (and pretty much the entire web) still prefer JIS characters, but you have a much better chance of Tesla supporting Unicode. Of course, if you put your media in any MP3 player made in Japan, it will probably not handle Unicode and only deal with JIS.

The problem with the "from album" may be slightly different values in the ID3 tag for that field. I've seen a lot of screwy stuff with those tags.

I was using dbPoweramp to rip CDs. I'm familiar with character sets but I didn't think about the character sets used in file names and ID3 tags... Guess file names should be in Unicode, but not sure about tags or metadata...

Even my imported American CDs have less songs when viewing in "from album" mode. They don't have any Japanese language in any of file names and metadata.