Page 5 of 272 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Model S Reservation Tally

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVa View Post
    ... If Car and Driver, Motor Trend and Autoweek say that the Model S out drives the 5 series and E class, I think that reservations will really take off.
    I wouldn't think the Beta would be review worthy. That would likely be the production version.

They made that mistake once.

It would be "first look" worthy though.

I have the impression that since the news broke out of the contract with Toyota reservation numbers jumped!
    I have impression reservations jump with 20 in US alone in 1--2-- days!

Quote Originally Posted by jcstp View Post
    I have the impression that since the news broke out of the contract with Toyota reservation numbers jumped!
    I have impression reservations jump with 20 in US alone in 1--2-- days!
    The reservations have been rolling in pretty steadily since January. I was #2840 at the beginning of January. It's been about 5 1/2 months since, so call it 160 days. We're at 4400 now, so roughly 1600 in 160 days, or 10/day.

Quote Originally Posted by ckessel View Post
    The reservations have been rolling in pretty steadily since January. I was #2840 at the beginning of January. It's been about 5 1/2 months since, so call it 160 days. We're at 4400 now, so roughly 1600 in 160 days, or 10/day.
    I reserved a Model S on 22 November 2010 and was assigned reservation number 2600. Between my reservation date and CKESSEL the reservation rate was 6 per day. I purchased a Roadster in May and cancelled my S reservation. I now regret that decision as I would have loved to have 2 Tesla's in the garage next year.
    Jet Black Roadster 2.5 | VIN 1172

Shutting off the thought process is not rejuvenating; the mind is like a car battery, it charges by running. - Bill Watterson

Items for Sale
    Get back on the horse Spred!

There are bound to be some other folks who will cancel their reservations...you still might be able to pull it off for 2012!

Tick, tick, tick...
    Member Southern Ontario Tesla Owners Club

Quote Originally Posted by sprediletto View Post
    I reserved a Model S on 22 November 2010 and was assigned reservation number 2600. Between my reservation date and CKESSEL the reservation rate was 6 per day. I purchased a Roadster in May and cancelled my S reservation. I now regret that decision as I would have loved to have 2 Tesla's in the garage next year.
    Very easily solved! As a Roadster owner your new reservation placed now would be ahead of your old reservation as a non Roadster owner and a new Signature reservation as an owner should still be able to get you one of the first 200 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaff View Post
    Get back on the horse Spred! There are bound to be some other folks who will cancel their reservations...you still might be able to pull it off for 2012!Tick, tick, tick...
    I know, I know. I thought about reserving a Signature Model S to ensure delivery in 2012. I may need to build another garage; Roaster 2.5, Model S, Model X and hopefully a pickup (Model P?) with enough juice to tow 2 horses and sleeping quarters. My girlfriend is into cross country and show jumping and I get ill when I think about buying a Ford F350 to tow the beasts throughout the southeast. There is nothing better than showing up to a competition in my Roadster. I'm traversing dirt roads in a Jet Black car, the tires end up covered in horse manure and it sits in the hot sun for hours. But, I get to charge for free using RV camper outlets and it shows everyone that you don't have to compromise to drive a Tesla.

Shutting off the thought process is not rejuvenating; the mind is like a car battery, it charges by running. - Bill Watterson

Quote Originally Posted by sprediletto View Post
    ... I'm traversing dirt roads in a Jet Black car, the tires end up covered in horse manure and it sits in the hot sun for hours. But, I get to charge for free using RV camper outlets and it shows everyone that you don't have to compromise to drive a Tesla.
    Covered in horse manure is no compromise?

Quote Originally Posted by vfx View Post
    Covered in horse manure is no compromise?
    You know what I mean. The car can drive through grass and dirt roads with ease (I drive it gingerly to prevent any paint damage). I have no problem getting it dirty. People think EVs are glorified golf carts. We prove them wrong every day; especially when they show up on a farm. Plus, cars and animals share the road on the farm. When I pass a horse and rider without the A/C on. I'm silent and they don't get spooked. Some ICE powered vehicles can stress out a horse gearing up for competition. VFX, I've been dating her for 2 years. I knew the manure came with the horse & the blonde who rides it. She has an 80 mile round trip to go to the barn. It costs $1.25 in energy when she takes the Roadster. It costs $23 when she takes the Range Rover. I'd rather have a little poop on the car and save the cash/CO2.

Thread Information