Page 3 of 273 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Model S Reservation Tally

Happy Model S Owner
    F (Founders)
    SS (Signature Special, Signature for Roadster owners)
    S (Signature)
    R (Roadster owners non-Signature)
    P (general production)

Apparently, however, "My Tesla" lists Signature Specials as Signatures, resulting in duplicate reservation numbers and confusion over the total number of resevations. :-P

I got R#2 (Hong Kong).

Quote Originally Posted by foxium View Post
    I got R#2 (Hong Kong).
    Wow, I got R1 in late March. That would mean no other Hong Kong roadster owners have ordered non-signature since then.
    PLEASE NOTE:
    These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership.
    My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my express consent.

Quote Originally Posted by markwj View Post
    Wow, I got R1 in late March. That would mean no other Hong Kong roadster owners have ordered non-signature since then.
    That's surprising for me too. Either they all chose to wait and see or they ordered the Signatures.

For the public, the lack of public high speed chargers is a serious problem (HK). If the situation remains, the plug-in Prius will probably sell faster (smaller batt = faster recharge even at low power). Also, I feel very disappointed that local power companies don't offer buy backs. For me this is a deal breaker for installing solar panels.
    Last edited by foxium; 2011-07-10 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by foxium View Post
    ...the plug-in Prius will probably sell faster (smaller batt = faster recharge even at low power).
    If people buy a plug-in Prius for this reason, they're pretty confused. The important thing isn't how long it takes to charge to a full battery, it's how long it takes to charge to get you where you're going. That is, if you're 100km from home and you've got an empty battery, you're going to charge to 100km range (plus whatever buffer makes you comfortable). If this means that your Model S battery is only at 25% charge, so what? It's enough. You're not going to wait for 100% charge just because you could. In the Prius, maybe you're at 70% charge in the same amount of time, but it's still the same 100km+ range.

numbers of model S preorders are steadily growing
    This without seeing a production-ready car!
    I wonder how fast numbers wil grow once beta cars or production starts!

Items for Sale
    I think it will be game over (for those who delay their Model S reservation) once the general public can arrange to test drive an S at their local TM store...
    Member Southern Ontario Tesla Owners Club

Quote Originally Posted by Jaff View Post
    I think it will be game over (for those who delay their Model S reservation) once the general public can arrange to test drive an S at their local TM store...
    I could not agree more. I reserved a Model S before I test drove a Roadster (my father and brother also test drove it). After the test drive(s), I never second guessed my decision and my father reserved a Signature and my brother reserved a general production.

Sig Perf #236 VIN #484
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by michiganmodels View Post
    I could not agree more. I reserved a Model S before I test drove a Roadster (my father and brother also test drove it). After the test drive(s), I never second guessed my decision and my father reserved a Signature and my brother reserved a general production.
    I think this will be true, but only if Tesla delivers on the promise to not only make it a great electric car, but to make it a great car in comparison to the ICE vehicles in its price class. While the Tesla Roadster is an amazing technical achievement, it was really pretty basic outside of the power train and much more expensive that ICE based Lotus equivelent.

When you look at the cost of the Signature Series it has some pretty tough competition. The Model S must provide both equivelent advanced features (e.g. a good adaptive cruise control/collision avoidance is high on my want/need list) and the solid fit, finish and feel of an $80k luxury automobile.

If they can pull that off - I think the reservation list will absolutely take off and Tesla will need to ramp up thier production numbers from the planned 20K per year to produce more vehicles in 2013.

My two cents...

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    I'm not expecting the Model S to have every cool feature out there for the first generation (although that would be nice of course). I'd rather they produce a well made car with few bugs or problems and a flawless powertrain. I still want some cool features like an iPhone/Android app to control and check on the car, adaptive cruise control....etc as well.

Thread Information