Page 143 of 269 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2686

Thread: Model S Reservation Tally

I should add that since we are talking about signature numbers, in most cases "cancellations" may be just "downgrades"/deferrals postponing to a later production reservation.
    Buying an EV is one thing, being able to drive it beyond city limits another...

Model S - R140
    It's interesting to hear that this came from a senior source, but I've read many times that SSL 4 might be in the spot of S 42, and that the SSL deliveries (like their configurations) will skip around the S numbers until all of the SSLs have been exhausted.

Model Sig 304, VIN 542 Arnold Panz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aviators99 View Post
    It's interesting to hear that this came from a senior source, but I've read many times that SSL 4 might be in the spot of S 42, and that the SSL deliveries (like their configurations) will skip around the S numbers until all of the SSLs have been exhausted.
    The lists should all be sequentially logical now. In other words, Sig Specials 1-244 (with probably a few gaps for people who canceled/downgraded etc.) go first, followed by regular Sigs 1-1247 (with around 500+ gaps spread throughout the sequence), then Rs, then Ps. They don't have to "bounce around" to get to the SSLs -- all of the SSLs were contacted first before any regular Sigs, and this is roughly the order in which the cars will be delivered, presumably.

Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

My S60 is In Production!
    On a Norwegian EV-board I've learned that someone just ordered and got #P1139 for Europe obviously.

Cobos

see signature
    Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    +1 to FAQ Wiki desperately needed
    I'm one of the first Chevy Volt owners. Over at the Chevy Volt analog to this site, gm-volt.com/forum , back in Dec 2010 as the first cars came out of Hamtramck I also saw a desperate need for a FAQ there. So I simply created a new thread, and in the first post I started building the FAQ. As new data came in, I edited it into that post.

The one big drawback is that only I can edit it. Well, I and anyone with mod authority. So, if you're hanging out here anyway, and willing to put some significant time into it at first, it's a good way to start. Also, the heavy users of the forum started putting a link to my FAQ into their forum sigs, so that when someone posted a query, they could simply say "check out the FAQ, see link in my sig".

Then you have something to point to to show the value of having a FAQ.

Below is a link to the Chevy Volt FAQ I built. At some point it got so big I had to get the mod to increase the max allowable post size. With that in mind, you might want to make multiple posts right at the beginning of the new FAQ thread, so you can split the data over a couple posts and avoid the size limit.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....sked-Questions

In short, you already have the power to do something about it, so get to work!

And now back to lurking for me ...
    Last edited by ChrisC; 2012-08-03 at 02:50 PM.

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I'm one of the first Chevy Volt owners. Over at the Chevy Volt analog to this site, gm-volt.com/forum , back in Dec 2010 as the first cars came out of Hamtramck I also saw a desperate need for a FAQ there. So I simply created a new thread, and in the first post I started building the FAQ. As new data came in, I edited it into that post.

The one big drawback is that only I can edit it. Well, I and anyone with mod authority. So, if you're hanging out here anyway, and willing to put some significant time into it at first, it's a good way to start. Also, the heavy users of the forum started putting a link to my FAQ into their forum sigs, so that when someone posted a query, they could simply say "check out the FAQ, see link in my sig".
    The TMC admins are working towards having a Wiki-like add-on to these boards that will allow this sort of FAQ to be created yet allow editing access to a subset of TMC members.

@Robert - Yah, that's what I was told as well. Hence holding back a bit.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Just heard from a friend who has a Sig Special reservation number in the late 30s that his delivery will be at the end of this month! They're starting to make progress. I still haven't gotten my e-mail yet about delivery but expect it by the end of the month as well.
    Last edited by dsm363; 2012-08-04 at 05:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Kimbal with his Model S in Boulder.

Name:  kimbal pic.PNG
Views: 297
Size:  846.1 KB
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Thread Information