Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ladies night...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Married for 11 years now, and first time that this happened!

My wife has an evening with the ladies and she asked: by the way is the Tesla in the garage? ( we have several garages and several cars ).
I told her: Yes?
She: What a pity I've never driven it really, so far....it would be just fun to take it tonight...
Me: You can take it....
She: Oh, noooo, I've never practiced...
Me: It's easy...
She: No words, just a big enthusiastic smile!

Now she is of... will I see her again?

B.t.w. we have many wonderful cars, and never ever she wished to take another then her Citroen...

We've had our Roadster for 7 months now and we also have a 5 month old baby. Needless to say my wife hasn't driven the Tesla very much. In fact she would often refer to it as the "stupid car" because we can't take the baby and/or the dog w/ us anywhere, can't pick people up from the airport in it, etc.

However, a couple weeks ago I was watching the baby and she had to run an errand. She asked if she could take the Tesla. When she got back she kept saying, "your car is so much fun!". Then last week she went to get a haircut and took the Tesla again. So yes, it has that affect on people.

Definitely a guy magnet. You probably need to decide if that's a good thing or not :).

When my son was growing up, I was told by some very wise friends to make sure that he had equally good toys (windsurfers, kite boards, skis, mountain bike, etc) or I would lose mine. Wise advice that I followed ... and I suggest you all make sure your wives have cars as fun to drive as the Roadster. Because you may find an empty space in your garage otherwise :). Love for speed is not gender-specific. Just sayin'.

Another Roadster

:biggrin::biggrin:

Yes, my girlfriend has mentioned the benefits of his and hers Roadsters on more than a few occasions! But with a Karma ordered and a Sig. Model S on reserve I really can't imagine were we would keep all the EVs in another year.

So to keep her from burning gas in her Mini Cooper S convertible, I give her the Roadster for her much longer commute and ride my Vectrix VX-1 when the weather is nice.:crying:

:biggrin::biggrin:

Yes, my girlfriend has mentioned the benefits of his and hers Roadsters on more than a few occasions! But with a Karma ordered and a Sig. Model S on reserve I really can't imagine were we would keep all the EVs in another year:

At least in the case of the Karma you probably have lots of time left still until you have to worry about it :biggrin:. Anyway, I'm sure you'll have your Karma a year or so before your Model S as hard as Fisker seems to make you think otherwise.