Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Model S have active brake lights ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are a few cars with them here, and they are far more distracting then they are helpful. Some of them do the blinking whenever the brake pedal is pressed.

I am not aware of any car sold in the US that comes from the manufacturer with that style of brake light. I'm not even sure if it would be legal. It would be extremely distracting if car brake lights worked that way.
I am aware of some aftermarket mods for motorcycle brake lights that produce that effect.

I am not aware of any car sold in the US that comes from the manufacturer with that style of brake light. I'm not even sure if it would be legal. It would be extremely distracting if car brake lights worked that way.
I see them frequently here in Texas (okay, not really in the U.S.)

So what car models have you seen them on, and do you know if those cars were so,d new with that feature, or was the car modified afterwards?

I never paid attention to the models, but they all seemed to be econoboxes--or at least subcompacts, so they would have come new with the feature (no one modifies an econobox in this manner--they may modify it to create a ricer). Some of the cars I've observed do this every time they brake and some only do it under hard braking.