Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Founder's and Signature tour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

andrewket

Dec 20, 2012
I'd Ike to suggest that we coordinate our own Model X tour in North America, perhaps in early January when we hope a good number of sigs and founder's cars will have been delivered. We would pick a day and time, and use the superchargers and perhaps sales/service centers as a meeting point, and publish a spreadsheet of who will be at each location. We could even ask people to rsvp just so we know how many people to expect.

I am volunteering to take the lead on coordinating this if there is sufficient interest both from early X owners as well as people interested in the car.

Thoughts?

Andrew

Last edited:
Over in the PNW forum I've already offered to bring our Model X to Portland, OR for folks in the OR/WA area who want to check it out. We're not the lowest number Sig in the area by a long shot but I don't know if others are willing.

Not sure how I feel about opening up to test drives but I'm certainly willing to have folks check it out in other ways.

It would be completely optional to allow people to drive your car. While I have allowed a few to drive my S, I likely would not do the same with the X. But I think there are a lot of people who would come out just to see it in person.

I think this could get Tesla some good positive press as well.

Another suggestion - since the stores won't have an X in as soon as some of us have ours - in addition to the tour suggestion, see if your local store would like you to bring your X over for a day & invite local reservation holders to come see it in person. There are a lot of reservation holders not on the forum (hard to believe, but true) - this way all the local owners would be notified they could see one.

I have a question guys. I am seeing that some folks have "Founder Edition" X in their sigs. Was there a change in the referral program? According to my knowledge Founder was only given to those who refer 10 cars fastest in each regions.

I have a question guys. I am seeing that some folks have "Founder Edition" X in their sigs. Was there a change in the referral program? According to my knowledge Founder was only given to those who refer 10 cars fastest in each regions.

A free Founders X is being given to the first to reach ten referrals. But the right to purchase a Founders X was offered to anyone who reached ten qualified referrals.

referral program oct 31 2015.png

Andrew,
Great idea. My wife and I had already discussed hosting events so that other later reservation holders could see the car, and even taking it up to our local Santa Barbara service center for people to see. We know how much we would have loved to see one before configuring our order, and am sure that others are feeling the same way.

Now all we need is our Sig.

Ron
SigX VIN #484

Have confirmed we will be getting a Founders. We probably can't take a long tour in January, but we would love to join in for any Southern California leg. And I'll definitely be taking Bonnie's suggestion to show it off at a local store or two. When I got the S back in 2012 (we were Sig #70) I did a show and tell for TMC members at the local train station parking lot and about a dozen members here showed up.

Hey, Zax. I will be one of the first to get an X in Colorado. I will drive up from Colorado Springs so you guys can look at it. MIGHT take you for a ride, no test drives. That is assuming my wife lets ME drive it. Mac

There are a bunch of us in the area waiting to see them. At first, I thought we'd be able to see Bonnie's but it sounds like she'll be selling her Signature, canceling her road trip and waiting a little while longer for her Founder's edition.

Hey, Zax. I will be one of the first to get an X in Colorado. I will drive up from Colorado Springs so you guys can look at it. MIGHT take you for a ride, no test drives. That is assuming my wife lets ME drive it. Mac
Sounds great. Test ride or no, it'd be fantastic just to see the car in person and get to sit in the rear row. Park Meadows doesn't even know if they'll have a car by EoY (when Tesla supposedly expects to open production configuration) yet.

Thanks again to all of you for doing a service for the rest of us.

Have confirmed we will be getting a Founders. We probably can't take a long tour in January, but we would love to join in for any Southern California leg. And I'll definitely be taking Bonnie's suggestion to show it off at a local store or two. When I got the S back in 2012 (we were Sig #70) I did a show and tell for TMC members at the local train station parking lot and about a dozen members here showed up.

"local train station parking lot 2.0" sounds good to me ... Sign me up!