Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for good, "safe" brushless car wash in Bay area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

e-FTW

New electron smell
Aug 23, 2015
San Francisco, CA
First off, yes I know, I should hand wash this car. But, this is CA, water is at a premium. I rent a condo, and the ravenous HOA would spot me filling up two (2!) buckets of water from the common water tap in the garage and probably call in the SWAT unit. They have the lady that does the (yearly) landscaping out front come in with with her own two gallons of water...
I absolutely agree we need to save all the water we can. Let's just hope we get like five straight years of rain... So if I were hand washing, I would go rinse-less or some other very efficient method. But, sometimes, you just do not have the time, and need a quick wash in a pinch.

My thought was to find a good automated, touch-less car wash. Anywhere on the peninsula works. Farther can work too, as well. Who doesn't need a good reason to drive this car? :cool:
I have scoured Yelp reviews, and well, it varies greatly. Some scared me off because of damaged wheels by steel rails. Others complained that the wash was not great.
These forums provide some good tips on what to do with the car itself, like handling the retracting door handles. But no specific addresses.

Which of the robotic soulless washing enclosures would you trust your Tesla to?

It's tough. Most of the automated washes uses brushes and rags. I had trouble finding more than a handful.

I've used the Chevron on Shoreline/Middlefield in Mountain View every other week or so for the past 2 years. It's not going to be winning any beauty awards, but it's touchless, has NO wheel guides, and is not expensive (I think I pay $8). If you fold your mirrors you can get to the code box without getting out of the car, but it only takes cash. I pay with credit inside before pulling up. There's parking at the exit for touching up the drying. For caked-on debris you'll need something else, but if it's usual Bay Area dust + maybe the (very) occasional dirty rainwater it works great.

Google Maps

It's tough. Most of the automated washes uses brushes and rags. I had trouble finding more than a handful.

I've used the Chevron on Shoreline/Middlefield in Mountain View every other week or so for the past 2 years. It's not going to be winning any beauty awards, but it's touchless, has NO wheel guides, and is not expensive (I think I pay $8). If you fold your mirrors you can get to the code box without getting out of the car, but it only takes cash. I pay with credit inside before pulling up. There's parking at the exit for touching up the drying. For caked-on debris you'll need something else, but if it's usual Bay Area dust + maybe the (very) occasional dirty rainwater it works great.

Google Maps
And that is feet from the Supercharger. Neat! Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

HI Hope this helps!
This is how my customers are doing under water restriction as well as my self.
Good stuff Joseph!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they require appointments? Any issues with swirls or other questionable practices like employees wearing exposed belt buckles or garments with metal buttons/zippers? :)

No to all of those. I've been using their services for over two years and love them. Tesla Menlo Park (when they were around) and the Ferrari dealership nearby all use their services. These guys do the onsite car washes at Googleplex.

I bought a bulk package - some 12 washes and a wax job for the price of 10 or some such - and they also have VIP membership with unlimited washes and priority service for $55 a month, I think.

• Helpful
Reactions: e-FTW

Google Maps

Theres another chevron with the same car wash in Menlo Park on Willow just south of the Bayfront expressway

• Helpful
Reactions: e-FTW
No to all of those. I've been using their services for over two years and love them. Tesla Menlo Park (when they were around) and the Ferrari dealership nearby all use their services. These guys do the onsite car washes at Googleplex.

I bought a bulk package - some 12 washes and a wax job for the price of 10 or some such - and they also have VIP membership with unlimited washes and priority service for $55 a month, I think.

GG, ok, you've convinced me. I'll give the Eco Green Auto Clean a try the next car wash or wax cycle. Redwood City is close enough it's not really a drive.

- K