Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lots of CPO Model S cars on Tesla's website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found so many models cars on the website in the CPO section of New York very low mileage too. I found 85DS,P85Ds,90s,90Ds,P90Ds with ludicrous mode upgrade I'm seriously thinking about giving my wife my P85D and drive to New York and take this P90D with 771 miles of their hands........:scared::love:

I found so many models cars on the website in the CPO section of New York very low mileage too. I found 85DS,P85Ds,90s,90Ds,P90Ds with ludicrous mode upgrade I'm seriously thinking about giving my wife my P85D and drive to New York and take this P90D with 771 miles of their hands........:scared::love:

Has this type and qty of inventory ever been available like this before? The speculative side of me wonders if something is going to be announced soon.

They list the price before "EV incentives", so I think they are inventory cars and not pre-owned cars that have been purchased, registered, and then traded back in. Probably clearing out the inventory to make Q4 numbers.

Delivering a ton of Inventory cars will help Tesla boost year end sales numbers without requiring additional manufacturing. I'm sure deals will be had as we come to the end of the fiscal.

Before the CPO program launched, inventory cars being sold was one of the major causes for loaner car shortages...

Folks wanted a "new" Model S without having to wait to build their own. (And get all the tax benefits, etc)

Yeah, looks like they have placed all their available inventory on the site as well. They have also changed the website to reflect it as "Buy a Model S Today" instead of whatever it was before... something like "Buy a preowned Model S" or some such. I just wish that they would make this page like the one that the sales guys have access to, where you can pick and choose any and all options, and are able to see the entire inventory across the country or limit it to just certain parts. As I was ordering my car and was briefly considering an inventory option, I toyed around with it, and it was rather intuitive and well designed. Not like their preowned page currently is...

Inventory cars tend to sell more in 4th quarter to cover those that want tax rebates locked in 2015 v waiting for 2016 to pay in 2017 for factory ordered/delayed cars.

After poking through EV-CPO for a while, there are a whole lot of inventory cars newly listed this week.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic about it, but I'm thinking (hoping) that they are trying to sell off more inventory cars than usual to make room for Model X demonstrators in the galleries. :)

Edit: Also, every P90D I saw had Ludicrous enabled. Maybe this will be like the CPO S60s, where Tesla chose to enable the Superchargers on every one they resell?

After poking through EV-CPO for a while, there are a whole lot of inventory cars newly listed this week.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic about it, but I'm thinking (hoping) that they are trying to sell off more inventory cars than usual to make room for Model X demonstrators in the galleries. :)
That is an optimistic way of looking at things ... I live in LA and still haven't seen one "in the wild"

Yeah, looks like they have placed all their available inventory on the site as well. They have also changed the website to reflect it as "Buy a Model S Today" instead of whatever it was before... something like "Buy a preowned Model S" or some such. I just wish that they would make this page like the one that the sales guys have access to, where you can pick and choose any and all options, and are able to see the entire inventory across the country or limit it to just certain parts. As I was ordering my car and was briefly considering an inventory option, I toyed around with it, and it was rather intuitive and well designed. Not like their preowned page currently is...

Thx for posting this.

I didnt see "inventory cars" at all. How can I definitively tell a car is an "inventory" car rather than CPO?
I assume an car listing shows the $7500 fed discount.

Thx!

Thx for posting this.

I didnt see "inventory cars" at all. How can I definitively tell a car is an "inventory" car rather than CPO?
I assume an car listing shows the $7500 fed discount.

Thx!

Yes, that is the correct assessment. Once a car has been titled outside of the manufacturer it is no longer eligible for EV incentives such as the Federal Tax Credit. When you click in on one, in the description it states the following:

This Model S is a showroom floor model and is eligible for EV incentives. These incentives take the form of rebates and tax credits available after purchase.

I haven't looked into it far enough to see if they clarify a car that was a demo car vs loaner car. If such things matter to you, I would assume that a sales/demo car would be much rougher miles on them and overall wear and tear than a loaner car. Since the sales model sees a lot of people just sitting in the car and touching everything, and flooring it repeatedly as opposed to the loaners which likely get treated just a nicely (or poorly) as the owners do to their own cars.

They certainly specify this on their own internal site (which as I stated before was pretty well designed and easy to find whatever you were looking for). I would assume you can get clarity on any of the postings by asking your sales rep. There might also be other inventory that they have not posted to the site. Assuming your sales guy is as friendly as mine was he should let you use one of their computers at the store to browse around on their internal inventory and see if there is something you like.

When I last looked, I ended up just throwing in the towel and ordering a new one. But maybe you will find something that makes you happy for the price!

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Also, every P90D I saw had Ludicrous enabled. Maybe this will be like the CPO S60s, where Tesla chose to enable the Superchargers on every one they resell?

Eh, I don't think Ludicrous is added by default into all performance cars. It is a retrofit that they were kind enough to offer as a 5k upgrade to current owners, but there are actual parts that make that work, it isn't just a software limitation. My guess would be that right after they released this, they made a bunch of fully optioned show cars in order to let people test drive the new features. I know our store has a fully spec'd P90DL. It is likely just time to cycle that inventory if that car was made back in June or so...

That being said the autopilot convenience features *can* be added to any car on inventory. When I was looking at their inventory a few weeks back on their internal site there were a handful of them that didn't have this listed and the sales guy said to just add 2,500 on to the price. They won't charge you the "post delivery" increase on that if you get it up front, just the same as if you were making it brand new.

Edit: To that end, I think they realized by then that supercharging was something they just wanted every car to have (which is why it is now not even an option anymore). I would guess down the road that all their CPO autopilot cars will have that option enabled by default as well. Might as well, since it will allow them to get a bit more resale out of it which should be an easy 2,500$ win on something that they "lost money" on long long ago.

I agree completely. It is unfortunately only available when you have access to the Tesla Intranet that the Tesla stores are connected to. That interface is so much more useful for someone looking to buy a car than the silly mess of an interface they have for finding CPO cars. I wish they'd just take that internal interface and make it available to all the customers. It feels really silly to have to drive out to a Tesla store to browse a Web site... :)