Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mt. Bachelor EV charging campaign...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lyon

2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D
Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
I've been thinking about how I'm going to get back to Eugene after a day at the slopes and it occurred to me that a couple of chargers at Mt. Bachelor and my problems would be solved. I could only find the [email protected] email address but I sent them the information about Tesla's Destination Charging program.

It has occurred to me that, if other people also indicate their desire for charging at the mountain, it might help. I'm not necessarily interested in flooding the inbox with email but other people expressing interest can't hurt.

Also, if anyone has any more direct contact information or has contacts within the organization, please use those.

I like the idea! I will send a request.

It would be helpful even if it's just a row of regular NEMA 5-15 or 5-20's to keep our cars and batteries warm. That way we can capture some regen down hill, on the way to the the (hopeful) Superchargers at La Pine. We only make the trek once or twice a year from the coast, but it would be nice to do it with the MS.

I will need to get those Nokians after all....

I like the idea! I will send a request.

It would be helpful even if it's just a row of regular NEMA 5-15 or 5-20's to keep our cars and batteries warm. That way we can capture some regen down hill, on the way to the the (hopeful) Superchargers at La Pine. We only make the trek once or twice a year from the coast, but it would be nice to do it with the MS.

I will need to get those Nokians after all....

5-15 or 5-20s won't really add any appreciable range but, you're right that they'll keep things warmed up. Also, when I turn the heater on from my phone before starting my last run down, it won't negatively impact range. As things sit now I'll be stopping in Sisters to use the Chademo charger at the McDonald's.

Chargers at the mountain or a Supercharger in Bend/La Pine and things get MUCH easier.

Resurrecting an old thread, but while browsing the Destination Charger map, Mt Bachelor shows up!

Anyone use it yet?
Tesla's website Find Us map shows:
"Available for customers. Please call ahead."

So not for people just passing through. And they are only 6kW, so kind of slow. Though I can't speak for the ski resort as to how they define a "customer".

I visited Mt.Bachelor a few days ago and can confirm that there are NO chargers. The destination charging listed on the Tesla website is a mistake and those are actually at Mt.Bachelor village. After talking with what felt like half of the staff there, they ended up letting me charge on a 120v at a maintenance shed.

• Informative
Reactions: McManX
I visited Mt.Bachelor a few days ago and can confirm that there are NO chargers. The destination charging listed on the Tesla website is a mistake and those are actually at Mt.Bachelor village. After talking with what felt like half of the staff there, they ended up letting me charge on a 120v at a maintenance shed.
oh wow good to know, I have a trip next month as was going to use those....

Hoping CDC regulations/Covid allows us to goto Mt Bachelor this winter, so I wanted to resurrect this thread. Anyone have the time to go last season before Covid hit and see any of the chargers?

Mt Bachelor Ski Resort - Tesla | Bend, OR | EV Station shows three tesla chargers

From Mt Bachelor's website:
Mt. Bachelor is proud to offer four electric car charging stations as part of our Play Forever sustainability initiatives. Each of our charging stations contains one universal charger and two Tesla chargers. Charging stations are located in front of the Todd Lake Building in the West Village Base Area. Learn more about our environmental efforts through Play Forever below.