Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Alpha Dashboard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone explain why the top of the dashboard on the latest pictures of the Model S "Alpha" version looks the way it does in this picture? Sorry for not enlarging the area of discussion.

tesla-model-s-alpha-driveway.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/green.autoblog.com/media/2011/06/tesla-model-s-alpha-driveway.jpg

Last edited:
I doubt it's for a HUD system because there is no reflect grass film on the windshield. Also, the HUD system projectors are usually placed closer to the A-pillar. I think it's a design feature until the "Beta" versions are released.
Huh? You can't see the reflective area on the windshield. I had a 2006 Corvette w/ HUD and there was no visible area on the windshield. Also the projector is right in front of the steering wheel.
VetteHUD.png

Last edited:
Huh? You can't see the reflective area on the windshield. I had a 2006 Corvette w/ HUD and there was no visible area on the windshield. Also the projector is right in front of the steering wheel.
View attachment 1892

Strider that may have been the setup for a corvette but I do recall seeing the aforementioned setups when those types of systems became available. A co-worker of mine has a corvette and yes I can the reflective film on the windshield.

Strider that may have been the setup for a corvette but I do recall seeing the aforementioned setups when those types of systems became available. A co-worker of mine has a corvette and yes I can the reflective film on the windshield.
But my point was that you dismissed the idea of a HUD because of the placement when in fact there are systems that are in the same location as the cutout in the Alpha dashboard. Also, I can't see the reflective film in the pic I posted so it's not out of the question that it's there on the Alpha but can't be seen in a picture. I admit the cutout looks weird but it could be a HUD or planned HUD.

But my point was that you dismissed the idea of a HUD because of the placement when in fact there are systems that are in the same location as the cutout in the Alpha dashboard. Also, I can't see the reflective film in the pic I posted so it's not out of the question that it's there on the Alpha but can't be seen in a picture. I admit the cutout looks weird but it could be a HUD or planned HUD.

My bad Strider if I came across as being dismissive to your idea of that being a HUD unit. It would be a weird layout for a HUD setup. Let wait and see.