Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Strike Team - First to Drive in All 50 States

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anticipatory congratulations to you!

I wonder how many lesser-48 staters have gotten their Teslas to both Alaska and Hawaii. There's you and Papafox - anyone else?

By the way....I'm going to raise the bar a bit in honor of All Those Places one has to traverse in order to get to and from all those little states. Who is going to be the first to visit all 50 states AND all Canadian provinces?

I'm about 12,000 miles away from becoming the first member of the Tesla Strike Team - 50 states visited, 100 supercharger locations visited (and used), and 100,000 miles driven.
Your sig says "I'm the first person to drive an electric vehicle to all 50 states".
You might want to modify that to say "I'm the first person I am aware of to drive an electric vehicle to all 50 states".
Because not every person in America is on social media and publicly posting every activity they have ever engaged in.

I'm about 12,000 miles away from becoming the first member of the Tesla Strike Team - 50 states visited, 100 supercharger locations visited (and used), and 100,000 miles driven.

Nice!!! Tell us about the 2 hard ones... you know Hawaii and Alaska. I just did the "easy" 48 :)

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how many lesser-48 staters have gotten their Teslas to both Alaska and Hawaii. There's you and Papafox - anyone else?

By the way....I'm going to raise the bar a bit in honor of All Those Places one has to traverse in order to get to and from all those little states. Who is going to be the first to visit all 50 states AND all Canadian provinces?

Wow...that is raising the stakes! ALL Canadian provinces? I've done the easy 4. But a few of those have to be about as easy as climbing Everest, no?

Well, a little more difficult than driving to a West Coast port and spending an awful lot of shekels just to get a car shipped to Hawaii. That's not driving, it's just throwing around money. Getting to PEI or Nunavut or NWT - now, that takes a bit of doing.

I don't mean this to denigrate Papafox or Fritts. There are a lot of logistics involved as well as a daunting time commitment.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!
Congratulations!

- - - Updated - - -

i'm closing to the 100k mark than you!! lol. 92k miles. it'll take me about 5 more weeks I think to get to 100k.
Hey! Skaneateles, NY! Hi neighbor! Herkimer, NY here.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be impressive! I've already been challenged to hit all 7 continents, I'll add it to the list. :)

Be advised that huge swaths of Canada have no supercharger coverage, and Tesla has no intentions of building any superchargers there for years to come. Apparently they think we're a bunch of buck-toothed hicks who don't deserve supercharger coverage or something.

Your sig says "I'm the first person to drive an electric vehicle to all 50 states".
You might want to modify that to say "I'm the first person I am aware of to drive an electric vehicle to all 50 states".
Because not every person in America is on social media and publicly posting every activity they have ever engaged in.

I have a couple dozen posts and you have over 5,000. Which one of us is posting every activity they have ever engaged in? :tongue:

Mostly I'm glad electric transportation and charging is so prevalent that such a trip is becoming easier and easier.
However, you're quite right. I can't prove a negative. Perhaps an early adopter Tesla owner rejects using the internet that the car features and secretly avoided publicizing a milestone in electric transportation because they are in favor of making the transition away from fossil fuel, but don't want to promote it. Also, they actively deceived anyone they encountered on their trip.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, a little more difficult than driving to a West Coast port and spending an awful lot of shekels just to get a car shipped to Hawaii. That's not driving, it's just throwing around money. Getting to PEI or Nunavut or NWT - now, that takes a bit of doing.

I don't mean this to denigrate Papafox or Fritts. There are a lot of logistics involved as well as a daunting time commitment.
Papafox lives in Hawaii and my co-driver, Lita has lived there her entire life. Shipping is just how any car gets to the islands. It costs about as much as a flight from the East Coast for one person, or what it would cost in gasoline to drive an ICE to merely the continental 48 states. Anything to do with Hawaii has a reputation of outrageous expense, but there are in fact ordinary people who live there.