Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gilbert, AZ to Holbrook, AZ and Trinidad, CO SC to Lone Tree-Park Meadows SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am curious if anyone has run from Gilbert, AZ to the SC in Holbrook by going through Payson, AZ instead of the I-17 to I-40 Route through Flagstaff. I see it as 175 miles (from my house) - would this be an advisable route in an 85D?

Second - any issues getting from the Trinidad, CO SC to the Lone Tree-Park Meadows SC? Also in 85D.

Thanks in advance. Thinking about a trip up to Denver sometime this winter.

I did the run from Chandler to Holbrook through Payson the summer before last. Absolutely no problems and a gorgeous drive. I may have driven a bit conservatively to start, but don't recall stressing about range.

Sorry, can't help with your second leg.

I did the run from Chandler to Holbrook through Payson the summer before last. Absolutely no problems and a gorgeous drive. I may have driven a bit conservatively to start, but don't recall stressing about range.

Sorry, can't help with your second leg.

Thank you! You are correct it is a beautiful drive. I've made it many times but now in the S it will be even better.

I drove from Chandler Mall ( Blink Chademo) to Holbrook through Payson in May- Indeed start out going a little below the speed limit, as the software will tell you that you won't make it. Ended up arriving at Holbrook SC with 40 range miles left on my S85 .

My only caution is that I did this when the temps were in the 80s-90s so optimal for battery performance. And it wasn't too windy.

On the way back which is of course mostly down hill- I made it from Holbrook SC to Casa Grande SC and had over 30 miles range left when I arrived in Casa Grande

I too can't vouch for the second leg.

I have a friend that also lives in Chandler, and he's made the trip direct to Holbrook SC several times w/o issue.

For the CO question I drove north to south this September. Left Lone Tree with 251 and arrived at Trinidad with 31 rated miles. South of Lone Tree was at or below speed limit due to traffic and construction. Once the road opened up I was driving 5 mph over the speed limit. There are CHAdeMO chargers in Colorado Springs and Pueblo as well as level 2 chargers in those towns as well as a safety net. Don't forget to account for higher energy usage in cold weather.

Thank you all. Family and I are headed to Denver for Thanksgiving. IF the MS comes before them I will be tempted to drive it instead of fly. (wife and youngest still want to fly but my oldest wants to drive!) We'll see - this might be a gametime decision.