Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cars,drivers that consistently (and foolishly) want to challenge the Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the 2 1/2 years I've had my Model S I've noticed some
clear pattens with cars and drivers who consistently try to challenge the Model S at stop lights or other situations where macho men have a problem keep their testosterone in check. Here's my top three list in rank order:

1. BMW's of nealy any year or model driven by a male of any age
2. Adolescent males driving severely lowered Hondas with wing spoilers and "fart" mufflers
3. Any minivan driven by a middle-age male

Nearly all end up with a very bad spanking:)

Let's have some fun with this:)

Cadillac CTS cars driven by younger drivers... had one that appeared on my left while traveling on the Interstate. Paced me, honked at me, did everything he could to try to entice me. Eventually he decided I wouldn't take the bait and decided to show me his NOS system on it. He would have beaten me in the 70 - ? game there, had I taken the bait.

Historical perspective: On my very first road trip with my Roadster 2.0 in 2010, a car fitting loosely in OP category #2 pulled up beside me at a light on the Vancouver Island Highway. He grinned at me and clearly wanted to "go." My wife said, "don't do it," but of course I did.

When the light changed, I punched it and in near silence watched in my side view mirror as his farting muffler and all shrank to insignificance behind me. My last view was of his mouth hanging wide open in disbelief. That one has stayed with me. :cool:

Cars,drivers that consistently (and foolishly) want to challegge

Is that, for example, a Koenigsegge?

Truth is, the only vehicle that seemed to want to challenge us has been a souped-up F-250/350. I kept throttle back enough just so that I could say ahead of it...it was impressive, in a dismaying way, how fast someone has been able to tune one of those. Don't recall if it was a gasser or diesel.

I almost forgot about Vegas.
SL 65AMG BT was taunting a car full of us...smoked him to ~55 twice kind of trying not to speed too much..he wanted to take it to the freeway for a race
uh, no thanks...not trying to get arrested

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/16474-Dashcam-video-bucket/page9
of course he would have killed us about where I hit the brakes, I think that made him mad that as he was almost catching us I hit the brake

There is at least one Aston Martin DB9 in Victoria, maybe two, and last summer on our main in/out road (3 lanes each way! Wow!) he and I ended up at 3 red lights. Each green I had the distinct feeling that he wanted to race, and I had to fight myself "just to see", but, the last thing I need with an easy-to-remember licence plate is to be charged with "racing" along with its automatic confiscation of any participating automobiles. With the short distance between lights it would have been, I think, to Model S advantage with quicker off-the-line torque. But if that's true, and if the other driver was an idiot (I'm not saying he was) and got his ego bruised and took things farther than a quick look-see, and injured a pedestrian or worse, that would also be on me as a participant. So I was a good boy.

With more room and on a highway-speed road, I would have at least tested that out up to (near) the legal limit.

Very first day, home after a 350 km drive from the service center and delivery of the car. Just topped up at the supercharger for the last few km's home. It's dark by this time and up beside me at a light on a lonely stretch of road comes a modded Mustang... hood cut out to allow the big air intake and blower or whatever to sit up top, obscuring the driver's vision.

Mine isn't a P, but he lost anyway. I laughed the rest of the way home... :rolleyes:

It's only been 2-1/2 weeks, but so far - only one Mustang. It was a (approx) 2012 GT with a very polite and courteous mid 20's male driver who was totally excited to see me. He rolled down his window and politely asked me to "please punch it, I want to see if I can keep up..." He understood in advance that this was not going to be a race to see who wins, but a race to see how much a Mustang loses by. I thought it was very nice. No other challenges. And coming from a Volt where every uneducated dumba@@ wants to play...this is a refreshing change.

I do a long commute each morning bringing my daughter to school and inevitably get caught in the aggressive morning traffic into Dallas and then off to work. I don't race, but seem to receive challenges from middle aged moms in large SUVs and young teens in old Dodge neons or something similar. Nothing seems faster than a reckless teenager driving a car they couldn't care less about.

Over the 2 1/2 years I've had my Model S I've noticed some
clear pattens with cars and drivers who consistently try to challenge the Model S at stop lights or other situations where macho men have a problem keep their testosterone in check. Here's my top three list in rank order:

1. BMW's of nealy any year or model driven by a male of any age
2. Adolescent males driving severely lowered Hondas with wing spoilers and "fart" mufflers
3. Any minivan driven by a middle-age male

Nearly all end up with a very bad spanking:)

Let's have some fun with this:)

The first week I had my S85, a guy in yellow Lamborghini pulled up and rolled down his window.... no thanks... but I was flattered. :biggrin: