Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the LA Auto Show have a model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They haven't finished updating all the debut's and new cars on the LA Auto show site, but does anyone know if an X will be there?

Last year Tesla didn't have a booth, but the year before I'm almost certain they did.

I don't know for sure - but this one seems to be a no brainer! I'd be willing to wager on it ..it would likely be the most attention grabbing car on display!
LA Auto Show Pic.png

Can you guess which one of these is the X :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think they would stay out for now..... they already have more reservations than they can handle and a difficult ramp in production. they might not even go to Detroit....... however, they are a little thin in Europe so think they will turn up in geneva...... just my 2 cents

Valid point, but in my mind one can never have too many reservations! Advertising is advertising ..and this would be pretty inexpensive low hanging fruit IMHO.

Tesla needs to OWN the LA Auto Show! They are the only auto manufacturer in the State - at least for now. So strike while the iron is hot ..and the aluminum cold :wink:

I think they would stay out for now..... they already have more reservations than they can handle and a difficult ramp in production. they might not even go to Detroit....... however, they are a little thin in Europe so think they will turn up in geneva...... just my 2 cents

Tesla is still scheduled to attend Detroit and is listed on the 2016 floor plan. I look forward to seeing the Model X there!

Don't understand the logic not to generate sales. The statement "they have more than they can handle" doesn't make sense. Technically since they can't deliver 1 vehicle to sigs/production reservations then having 2 is too many by that logic.

Tesla has to deliver 50-60k Xs in the next 13 months to meet their projections. They don't have anywhere close to the number of reservations needed to deliver that many. If you assume a 75% deliver rate on orders (which I think is high), they would need 65-75k orders right now to sell out their expected deliveries through 2016.

Contrary to what TMC thinks, Tesla needs to sell these cars and missing out on the big shows (LA/NY/Detroit/Franfurt/etc) will not help them sell their cars.