Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery of my S70D in Milford, CT yesterday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, I picked up my 70D yesterday and spent the entire day with such a big grin on my face that I felt compelled to share my experience. First, here's a picture of our 3-month old checking out the frunk. She approves :)

File Nov 09, 6 26 18 PM.jpeg

There were a few communications issues with the DS but I think much of that may have been my fault - I was probably far more well-informed than his usual customer, and so I probably kept catching him off guard with my questions. The other side to that, though, is that he seemed pretty wedded to his script, and things got awkward as soon as I steered him away from his list of canned responses. I'm not sure if it's because he's new, and it certainly didn't impact the quality of the delivery.

When we got there, our shiny new Tesla was hiding under a red blanket, with its parking lights shining through like Christmas lights. When my wife pulled the cover off, she revealed a piece of artwork that you can sit in, drive, and enjoy without ever spending a dollar on gasoline or emitting anything from a tailpipe.

File Nov 09, 6 26 46 PM.jpeg

Our DS took us through the basic tour (which was mostly unnecessary for me, but enjoyable nonetheless). We got our key fob protectors, a mug, an umbrella, a Tesla pen, and some Tesla coloring books with really cool crayons. After driving the car out of the dealership, I went on a roughly 5 hour road trip. There was no way I was going straight home with this beauty :) The pic above shows me getting a quick charge outside the West Springfield Costco (for future reference, time to eat 1 Costco hotdog = 40 miles of charge :cool:).

I had this hilarious experience where I locked the car, and the flashing green indicator stopped. I was worried that it stopped charging, so I walked back over to the car, which then greeted me with open door handles (unlocking the car and re-lighting the green indicator). I did this "is the refrigerator light on while the door is closed" dance for another 5 minutes before figuring out that the car is far smarter than its owner, and I went into Costco for diapers and a hot dog :confused:

Drove from West Springfield up to the Brattleboro, VT supercharger just for the hell of it, enjoying Autopilot all the way up. There's a stretch of I-91 with such crappy lane painting that autopilot gives up for a while, but it's only for a couple miles. Otherwise, I was able to use Autopilot for the vast majority of the Milford, CT -> Brattleboro, VT -> Home trip.

I literally felt withdrawal set in within minutes of getting out of the car and this morning, I'm home watching the baby while my wife is out driving the Tesla. I miss her (the car haha) already.

One other thing I wanted to bring up: Tesla still had to pretend to sell my car out of New Jersey because they aren't technically allowed to tell cars in CT. When is this B.S. going to stop? Michigan has laws preventing people from servicing a Tesla anywhere in the state, and we have to pull shenanigans to buy Teslas in what would otherwise pass as a progressive state. I'm shocked that this kind of nonsense still exists.

Edit: Apologies for the head-tilting pictures. I've tried rotating them locally and re-uploading and it doesn't seem to help.

Last edited:
Very nice - just wondering why you stopped at Brattleboro instead of going to West Lebanon before turning around? :)

Our MS has done that drive many a time - no autopilot though. And we did stretch our legs by walking around Costco in West Springfield once because it was raining, but no hot dogs...and we are well past the baby diaper stage, and still before the adult diapers.

Team in Milford is excellent - they will take very good care of you and your baby. The Tesla too.

Also, be careful of the kid in the frunk. The CT State Police always check the frunk for children if they pull you over - so stay under the speed limit when your daughter is riding in the frunk.

Congratulations. We also run that trip just about every weekend in the winter. Be prepared for a greater Wh/mi come winter time. With the Supercharger network it is no problem though.

I'm not a fan of the West Springfield location. It is in the back and frankly feels isolated at night. I prefer West Hartford and Brattleboro for charging on that trip. I usually just stop at Brattleboro for a quick ten minute charge before heading up Route 9 to Wilmington, VT for the weekend. Good to have extra charge before climbing up the mountain.

Best of luck with both your babies.

Very nice - just wondering why you stopped at Brattleboro instead of going to West Lebanon before turning around? :)

Our MS has done that drive many a time - no autopilot though. And we did stretch our legs by walking around Costco in West Springfield once because it was raining, but no hot dogs...and we are well past the baby diaper stage, and still before the adult diapers.

Team in Milford is excellent - they will take very good care of you and your baby. The Tesla too.

Also, be careful of the kid in the frunk. The CT State Police always check the frunk for children if they pull you over - so stay under the speed limit when your daughter is riding in the frunk.

Honestly the only reason I stopped in Brattleboro instead of continuing on to West Lebanon was because I had to get home to make dinner :) Otherwise I would've driven all night. I agree with shelbri's comment about West Springfield. I felt compelled to check it out (I actually feel compelled to hit every supercharger at some point... a worthy goal!) but for real trips I'll probably pass it by and use West Hartford and West Lebanon.

What a great first day story! Just remember Tesla doesn't have dealerships, it has stores and service centers. We're so used to calling the place you buy a car a "dealership" that we don't even realize we're using the term, but selling directly rather than through dealers is one of the best things about Tesla.