Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calgary Herald - Tesla's electric roadster changing dealership paradigm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find this idea (stores in malls) to be interesting and a very unique opportunity for Tesla. This could (possibly) help them expand their stores faster than finding, buying and dressing up old dealerships or erecting new ones.

I don't know how renting space in a mall works but the resulting increase in foot traffic to the mall might further help Tesla get their foot in the door over another tenant looking to lease the same space. The only thing I'd be concerned a bit about is servicing Tesla vehicles if the company continues to go the store-in-a-mall route. I guess the little necessary maintenance an EV needs allows Tesla to get away with this new idea where a "typical" car maker could not.

I find this idea (stores in malls) to be interesting and a very unique opportunity for Tesla. This could (possibly) help them expand their stores faster than finding, buying and dressing up old dealerships or erecting new ones.

I don't know how renting space in a mall works but the resulting increase in foot traffic to the mall might further help Tesla get their foot in the door over another tenant looking to lease the same space. The only thing I'd be concerned a bit about is servicing Tesla vehicles if the company continues to go the store-in-a-mall route. I guess the little necessary maintenance an EV needs allows Tesla to get away with this new idea where a "typical" car maker could not.

I think the model is, put relatively small stores in expensive, very high traffic locations; put the larger repair facility in a low-cost, low traffic location.

I think the model is, put relatively small stores in expensive, very high traffic locations; put the larger repair facility in a low-cost, low traffic location.

I see. That actually sounds like a good idea as long as the repair facilities aren't too out of the way for their customers. Of course that will be fixed over time and in the mean time the Tesla Rangers could be sent out to fix (or, at least, diagnose) issues if someone is relatively far away from a repair facility.

I see. That actually sounds like a good idea as long as the repair facilities aren't too out of the way for their customers. Of course that will be fixed over time and in the mean time the Tesla Rangers could be sent out to fix (or, at least, diagnose) issues if someone is relatively far away from a repair facility.

In Toronto it's going in near the airport, lots of major highways, easy access. So I think they're on top of that.

Don't forget that if it's inconvenient but in your town, the Ranger service is going to be pretty cheap so you can always go that route.