Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good body shop in Ottawa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a bad day yesterday when someone bumpered me in a parking lot. Small dent in the lift gate and some bumper damage.

Can someone recommend a body shop in Ottawa? I don't want to drive all the way to Montreal and Tesla doesn't want to pick up my car and drop it back off

Does highland work on aluminum bodies? You want someone with appropriate expertise. Tesla Montreal didn't have a recommendation?

Is Tesla really not wanting to pick it up, or do they just want to charge you $600?

Without seeing the damage - the bumpers are made out of plastic and should be as easy to fix as any regular car. As for the dammage in the aluminium liftgate- it's hard to know if it's just a paint job or anything more.

Doug makes a good point - best to ask about experience with aluminium. I can only vouch for bumper/plastic work.

All good points. Doug, no Montreal didn't have a recommended shop in Ottawa, though you never know if it's because they get kickbacks from the body shop or not. I attached a picture here. The dent is actually pretty small and I think they can hammer it out without significant body work.

Attachments

• IMG_1990.jpg
    IMG_1990.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Sorry to read about your accident. Glad it's minor and no one is hurt. As Steph said, anyone can do bumpers. As for any Aluminum damage, check Bytek VW bodyshop on St. Laurent Blvd. They do all the work for their Jag dealership, and I know many of them are made of Aluminum. They do great work for reasonable prices. I fixed the rear bumper of my previous VW, and a friend of mine fixed a side damage that he paid for it and their quote and work both were superb.

I attached a picture here. The dent is actually pretty small and I think they can hammer it out without significant body work.

I also have a bump on my rear bumper, and while the car was at the Montreal service, they looked at repairing it. Feedback is that my bumper could not be repaired in a way that remains visible, and the cost of a new bumper was quoted to me at $1100. I am considering this for my next service, and hopefully I can apply the $1000 credit I have ;-)

Gérard

Has anyone found a suitable Tesla repair shop in Ottawa? I may need a new front bumper after an incident at the golf course today. Car was parked over a concrete parking block and when I reversed the block caught the front bumper and damaged it on both sides.

I have heard there is a good repair shop in Montreal. Does anyone know the name of the shop. My CCA account could cover much of the tow to Montreal.

Or should I just try to have it fixed at the Montreal Tesla Service Centre.

Unfortunately there are no approved Tesla body shops in Ottawa. The only Tesla approved shop close to Ottawa is in Montreal - Auto Bugatti, 733 Avenue Avocado, Dorval, H9P1G4 (514-636-8750).

When I spoke to Tesla reps looking for a repair shop, I was advised that there may be a second approved body shop in the near future. However I do not have its name.

Unfortunately there are no approved Tesla body shops in Ottawa. The only Tesla approved shop close to Ottawa is in Montreal - Auto Bugatti, 733 Avenue Avocado, Dorval, H9P1G4 (514-636-8750).

When I spoke to Tesla reps looking for a repair shop, I was advised that there may be a second approved body shop in the near future. However I do not have its name.

Auto Bugatti did a fantastic job in repairing the bumper damage of our Model S. You cannot tell that work has been done. It appears to be a very modern facility catering to damage repairs for high end cars.

I took train from Ottawa to Dorval to pick up car and Auto Bugatti picked me up at the station. This avoided need to drive down to Dorval in one car with two drivers.