Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Faraday Motors The Apple Car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's like saying Einstein invented the solar panel.... not quite accurate... IMO the credit goes to Nikola Tesla.

A very apt analogy. Einstein explained the photoelectric effect; others devised the applications. Faraday discovered the laws of electromagnetism; others developed the applications.

And no, this is total random speculation; I doubt it has anything to do with Apple.

Well, Michael Faraday did, in fact, show that a wire could be made to move in an electric field, thus changing electrical energy into mechanical energy. Faraday was not interested in commercial exploits of science, so never exploited this himself. It is very likely that Nikola Tesla used this work, and others that followed, in his quest to "electrify" the world. Scientists' work is always based upon those who preceded them. To give Faraday no credit for the electric motor is the same as giving Einstein no credit for the solar panel. Clearly, neither "invented" either item, but their work contributed the most important scientific basis for those later inventions.

"Just my opinion. I could be wrong." ---Dennis Miller

Every article I've seen on Faraday Future references "taking on Tesla" or "going after Tesla". As far as I can see, Faraday Future, along *with* Tesla are taking on GM, Toyota, BMW, Honda etc. as the market to replace gasoline cars is enormous compared to the small market based on poaching a few Tesla sales. Media is still refusing to accept that long term, the ICE is a dead man walking.

Imagine what kind of business plan features investing several billion dollars to go after a company that is selling 50,000 cars a year ...

Every article I've seen on Faraday Future references "taking on Tesla" or "going after Tesla". As far as I can see, Faraday Future, along *with* Tesla are taking on GM, Toyota, BMW, Honda etc. as the market to replace gasoline cars is enormous compared to the small market based on poaching a few Tesla sales. Media is still refusing to accept that long term, the ICE is a dead man walking.

Imagine what kind of business plan features investing several billion dollars to go after a company that is selling 50,000 cars a year ...

+1!

Every article I've seen on Faraday Future references "taking on Tesla" or "going after Tesla". As far as I can see, Faraday Future, along *with* Tesla are taking on GM, Toyota, BMW, Honda etc. as the market to replace gasoline cars is enormous compared to the small market based on poaching a few Tesla sales.

Apt observation. I used to work for Lutron, who are the world leaders in dimming technology. When interviewing they always ask a trick question: "who is Lutron's biggest competitor?" Most would answer Leviton, Cooper wiring devices etc. Lutron's answer: The light switch.

Always aim higher.

Well while we are passing out early credit:

1883: Charles Fritts, an American inventor, creates the first working solar cell. "The energy conversion efficiency of these early devices was less than 1%. Denounced as a fraud in the USA for "generating power without consuming matter, thus violating the laws of physics“

I might be a little to much on the european or nordic side on this. But isn't the controlling majority information in a company public information? It is here, I can just search any company (including unlisted ones) and see who owns them if owned by another company. Otherwise I can see things like board of directors, ceo, etc.