Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just joined the club - order confirmed on 11/4!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed an order at the Cincinnati location for a 85D, Obsidian black, carbon fibor, NG seats, etc. Only thing I left off that I am kind of regretting now is the dark cyclone wheels - went with standard all-weather wheels/tires for the upcoming winter.

I'm excited to get it but inpatient in waiting for it - I find myself checking / refreshing the MyTesla page to change from the "entered the production queue" status.

I'm working on getting my charger upgraded (I currently own a Chevy Volt) and trying to figure out if I'll buy the Tesla wall charger to keep the mobile charging cable in the trunk.

Tesla did let me borrow a P90D to take to Columbus to take my 72 yo dad for a test drive (he loved it obviously) but I have to say after driving that one I kept trying to find the budget to upgrade to the performance package in my order. My guess is that's not an accident on their part. Heh.

Anyway, just wanted to post my short story and share the excitement. I'll be looking around here for threads and tips and information for a while!!

Placed an order at the Cincinnati location for a 85D, Obsidian black, carbon fibor, NG seats, etc. Only thing I left off that I am kind of regretting now is the dark cyclone wheels - went with standard all-weather wheels/tires for the upcoming winter.

I'm excited to get it but inpatient in waiting for it - I find myself checking / refreshing the MyTesla page to change from the "entered the production queue" status.

I'm working on getting my charger upgraded (I currently own a Chevy Volt) and trying to figure out if I'll buy the Tesla wall charger to keep the mobile charging cable in the trunk.

Tesla did let me borrow a P90D to take to Columbus to take my 72 yo dad for a test drive (he loved it obviously) but I have to say after driving that one I kept trying to find the budget to upgrade to the performance package in my order. My guess is that's not an accident on their part. Heh.

Anyway, just wanted to post my short story and share the excitement. I'll be looking around here for threads and tips and information for a while!!

Congratulations from the Columbus area. Regarding the mobile charger, I've found that I've never needed it out in the wild unless I go on longer trips where the stay is overnight. For that, I have just about all the charging adapters (which you should pick up when you have the chance; 20amp 110, welder 6-50, and old-school 30amp dryer).

Can I ask why you didnt opt for the 90kw battery?

And let myself or any of the rest of us on here if you have any questions regarding the delivery process, etc.

Thanks everyone, really looking forward to it. I haven't heard from the delivery guy at the Cincy story yet, so I am still trying to figure out when I should actually expect delivery. I am going on a vacation from Dec 9-16th and I just KNOW it's going to show up while I am gone. :)

Congratulations from the Columbus area. Regarding the mobile charger, I've found that I've never needed it out in the wild unless I go on longer trips where the stay is overnight. For that, I have just about all the charging adapters (which you should pick up when you have the chance; 20amp 110, welder 6-50, and old-school 30amp dryer).

Can I ask why you didnt opt for the 90kw battery?

And let myself or any of the rest of us on here if you have any questions regarding the delivery process, etc.
Honestly, I didn't think the 6% in range was worth $3,000. My reasoning: if I was driving far enough out from a charger that I am worried about that last 6%, I am driving too far. :/ Did I make the wrong choice?

Thanks everyone, really looking forward to it. I haven't heard from the delivery guy at the Cincy story yet, so I am still trying to figure out when I should actually expect delivery. I am going on a vacation from Dec 9-16th and I just KNOW it's going to show up while I am gone. :)

Honestly, I didn't think the 6% in range was worth $3,000. My reasoning: if I was driving far enough out from a charger that I am worried about that last 6%, I am driving too far. :/ Did I make the wrong choice?

I don't think you made a mistake at all. It's the difference from 270 miles to 285 miles. My experience has been that it *might* be worth the money on longer trips to charge for shorter and/or not have to use as many superchargers. At least if you consider it over a 3-5yr life of the car. But on the other hand, you are going to burn through a couple percent in the first year just due to battery degradation anyway.

So long story short, the jury's still out in my opinion. Just wanted to see your reasoning. Of course you know in 6 months to 1yr we'll have 95-100kw to look at.

- - - Updated - - -

Any suggestions on what I should/could be doing to prepare, other than getting power routed and ready for the car's arrival?

Order some charging adapters and the floor mats; either from Tesla or weather tech I think. Also, get your clear bra guy lined up to hit the bumper, fenders, mirrors, and hood right after you get it.

Buy one of those floor stops for your garage that you drive over to know how far too pull in. They are the new idiot ball.

Also, pick up one if the scosche magnet cell phone mounts and shell out the money for the center console. You are a dude right? If yes or you don't carry a purse, get the center console.

I'll let you know if I think about anything else.

Order some charging adapters and the floor mats; either from Tesla or weather tech I think. Also, get your clear bra guy lined up to hit the bumper, fenders, mirrors, and hood right after you get it.

Buy one of those floor stops for your garage that you drive over to know how far too pull in. They are the new idiot ball.

Also, pick up one if the scosche magnet cell phone mounts and shell out the money for the center console. You are a dude right? If yes or you don't carry a purse, get the center console.

I'll let you know if I think about anything else.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Do you mean the all weather mats, like these? Tesla Accessories and Charging Adapters All-Weather Model S Interior Set

I haven't looked at getting a clear bra since I bought a Corvette in 2007. Still think that's essential huh? I think of them much like screen protectors on phones - if you never take it off/change it, then chips/dents on them are just as bad? Still, worth looking into.

Awesome! Just curious, but what was your 2nd choice? I'm nearly 3 years into ownership and still can't believe how much I enjoy driving Belle.

...Buy one of those floor stops for your garage that you drive over to know how far too pull in. They are the new idiot ball...

Thanks for this recommendation. I didn't know that those things existed until now. We have a garage which is only about 12" longer than our full size Suburban. The drywall in the front of the Suburban is pulverized from too many occasions of myself and family members pulling in just a few inches too far. I'm going to get a floor stop for the Suburban. Fortunately the S is significantly shorter (at least 20 inches) than the Suburban so I'm going to try relying on the parking sensors to gauge my position -as long as I can keep junk from accumulating in the front of the garage!

Congrats. I don't think you'll regret getting 19" wheels. I haven't. Obsidian is a great color!

I'd recommend considering Opticoat Pro Plus. Do some reading on it and see if you think it's worth it. I'm very happy that I had it done to mine. Was skeptical for sure but took the chance on it. Now I am pretty sure I'd do it on any car I buy.

Awesome! Just curious, but what was your 2nd choice? I'm nearly 3 years into ownership and still can't believe how much I enjoy driving Belle.
No real second choice. Looked into the Model S, decided that's what I wanted, and out my other cars up for sale. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats. I don't think you'll regret getting 19" wheels. I haven't. Obsidian is a great color!

I'd recommend considering Opticoat Pro Plus. Do some reading on it and see if you think it's worth it. I'm very happy that I had it done to mine. Was skeptical for sure but took the chance on it. Now I am pretty sure I'd do it on any car I buy.

still learning about all of this. What's the difference in protection and cost between opticoat and something like xpel?