Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1000.00 incentive program extended through December 31 2015.....but wait

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you looked at the new wording on the Tesla Site?

You can buy a Model S today or order a custom Model S

With this new set up I feel the incentive program should apply to both categories.

What do you think of the new wording on their site?

You can buy a Model S today or order a custom Model S

Are you saying that you can buy a used model today without the discount or order a new one for delivery in the future with the discount? There are plenty of Showroom Models that you can swap out your order for before it is confirmed and still get the discount. Specifically, order your car. When your Ownership Advisor reaches out, search for in-stock or soon-to-be in-stock models. You will still get the referral discount and will likely get $1K-$2K off for buying from inventory.

Are you saying that you can buy a used model today without the discount or order a new one for delivery in the future with the discount? There are plenty of Showroom Models that you can swap out your order for before it is confirmed and still get the discount. Specifically, order your car. When your Ownership Advisor reaches out, search for in-stock or soon-to-be in-stock models. You will still get the referral discount and will likely get $1K-$2K off for buying from inventory.

Inventory (lot) or order on the internet. If you buy off the lot, you get the discount too.

It was a long day, but when you go to Tesla, as I do everyday to check deals and make sure I still got the best deal on an S85.
And you see the new wording, and how to go to configure

Schedule a Test Drive
Buy a Model S Today
Order a custom Model S

I feel that the 1000.00 incentive should apply to both areas

Each one is a purchase, and from the start there is no New versus Used naming per Tesla.

Its a win win for all in the Family.

Inventory (lot) or order on the internet. If you buy off the lot, you get the discount too.

This is the wording from here: Referral Program | Tesla Motors

When a customer places a new order using an owner’s referral link, $1,000 will automatically be taken off the purchase price of the new order.

So if it applies to CPO (aka "off the lot") then that would be cool, but the wording seems to be just "new" or never pre-owned.

It was a long day, but when you go to Tesla, as I do everyday to check deals and make sure I still got the best deal on an S85.
And you see the new wording, and how to go to configure

Schedule a Test Drive
Buy a Model S Today
Order a custom Model S

I feel that the 1000.00 incentive should apply to both areas

Each one is a purchase, and from the start there is no New versus Used naming per Tesla.

Its a win win for all in the Family.

The incentive does apply to both buying a demo and to ordering a new car online. As long as the car has not been purchased before, it applies.