Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting near end of 2015 - Any word on new Superchargers in Louisiana and Texas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla Supercharger roadmap is still showing Superchargers to be completed by the end of 2015 in Alexandria and Shreveport, Louisiana, as well as East Texas (Longview?). Where do people go to find permit applications for these areas, or are these areas immune to the inter-webs? :smile:

Where do people go to find permit applications for these areas, or are these areas immune to the inter-webs? :smile:
Most towns do have a web page but the pages are often way out of date. Look for the phone number of "Planning and Zoning" and give them a call.
The last one I called, I just told the person I had heard a rumor that Tesla was going to build a Charge Station in that area and I asked if they had heard anything to that effect. When they said yes there was a permit issued for that. I then asked for the exact address and they were happy to give it to me.

When I had the address I sent that information on to Supercharge.info so that it could be added to the map.

What is the magic phrase to search for when a community has online permit search?

I search for tesla and if that doesn't work I search for charging. Besides the permits, you can also search the minutes & agendas of city councils and planning commissions. Go to the city website and click on city council minutes to find the domain at which they are stored. Then do a google search within that domain for tesla and if that doesn't work charging (a recent successful search was tesla site:kingslandcityga.iqm2.com).