Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Joined the 60K mile club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
2 years, 11 months, & 2 days since delivery. I was actually averaging closer to 22K per year until this year, but with my twin teen boys driving our Prius that has reduced my commuting a bit.

No major issues but my max rated range is down to 253 miles and my daily 90% is 228. Had another door handle replaced last week (2nd time for that handle, 3 for front passenger, just once for the backs).

I am beginning to worry about future repair costs since I'll blow through my extended warranty by the car's 4th birthday, but I'll deal with that when the time comes.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446826289.631836.jpg

60,883 miles. Very similar to yours, Evan. No extended warranty and no repair costs to date. Fingers crossed.

Hoping to replace S with X (Seq. # 13,xxx) in mid-late summer 2016. Will be looking to test drive nearby X sooner. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Miles.jpg
    Miles.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
2 years, 11 months, & 2 days since delivery.

... max rated range is down to 253 miles

I'm at 61k miles after less than 2 years. My 100% rated range is 250. Looks like time is not a major contributor to battery degradation. Yours is 50% older, yet same mileage and almost identical degradation. I did a lot of Supercharging, BTW. Probably 1/3 of my miles are with Superchargers.

I'm at 61k miles after less than 2 years. My 100% rated range is 250. Looks like time is not a major contributor to battery degradation. Yours is 50% older, yet same mileage and almost identical degradation. I did a lot of Supercharging, BTW. Probably 1/3 of my miles are with Superchargers.

I've done very little supercharging, maybe 3 times total and one of those was just for about 40 miles of range to "try it out". I have used CHAdeMO twice as well. I do a max charge on average twice per month, but some months I may do it 5-6 times depending upon my travel. I 90% charge every night and do rare "trickle charges" when there is a convenient J1772 or 120v/3A outlet available.