Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ContiSilent tires for Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've learned that Continental tire makes a tire called "ContiSilent" with foam inside to drastically reduce tire noise. A huge boon for a Tesla.

One curiosity I have though is that according to Continentals web site, the CONTISPORTCONTACT 5 only comes in 245/35R21 and not a 265/35R21 to fit the Tesla's Model S staggered fitment. Does anyone who has had Continental ContiSilent tires delivered from factory know if they are all 245/35R21?

Now, there is a
CONTISPORTCONTACT 5P that shows a 265/30R21 with ContiSilent, but apparently this is a different tire and doesn't list the low rolling resistance and higher tread-wear rating of the normal CONTISPORTCONTACT 5.

I guess I could go with the regular "5" with 245/35R21 all around but I'd prefer the slightly wider tire in the rear. Anyone have any thoughts and/or experience with this tire and it's sizing?

http://www.continental-tires.com/car/tires/car/summer-plt/contisportcontact5

ContiSportContactâ„¢ 5 P

Last edited:
So I've learned that Continental tire makes a tire called "ContiSilent" with foam inside to drastically reduce tire noise. A huge boon for a Tesla.

One curiosity I have though is that according to Continentals web site, the CONTISPORTCONTACT 5 only comes in 245/35R21 and not a 265/35R21 to fit the Tesla's Model S staggered fitment. Does anyone who has had Continental ContiSilent tires delivered from factory know if they are all 245/35R21?

Now, there is a
CONTISPORTCONTACT 5P that shows a 265/30R21 with ContiSilent, but apparently this is a different tire and doesn't list the low rolling resistance and higher tread-wear rating of the normal CONTISPORTCONTACT 5.

I guess I could go with the regular "5" with 245/35R21 all around but I'd prefer the slightly wider tire in the rear. Anyone have any thoughts and/or experience with this tire and it's sizing?

http://www.continental-tires.com/car/tires/car/summer-plt/contisportcontact5

ContiSportContactâ„¢ 5 P

I have the 245-35R21 on all 4 wheels and have around 3500 miles on them. They are very quite and seem to be wearing very well a big improvement from the Conti Extreme Contact which these replaced.

Continental has the least information about it's tires online out of anything I've tried to shop before online. Their website looks like they paid some webdeveloper a couple years ago to produce a site that's just an advertisement. I assume unless you talk to a dealer and they know what to look for it's impossible to find out...

Holy cats those things are expensive! They also have a lower treadwear rating than the Extremecontact DW (340 vs 280 for the 5). You would have to get a ton more miles out of the 5's (which isn't supported by the treadwear rating) to justify the price difference and/or you have to REALLY value the quieter ride.

Holy cats those things are expensive! They also have a lower treadwear rating than the Extremecontact DW (340 vs 280 for the 5). You would have to get a ton more miles out of the 5's (which isn't supported by the treadwear rating) to justify the price difference and/or you have to REALLY value the quieter ride.

Foam is expensive. errr...

Continental has the least information about it's tires online out of anything I've tried to shop before online. Their website looks like they paid some webdeveloper a couple years ago to produce a site that's just an advertisement. I assume unless you talk to a dealer and they know what to look for it's impossible to find out...
If you are looking for specific info on the Continental tires you could pm Doc from the tire rack, look at the thread on conti silent and his pm info is there.