Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Temperature icon moved from status bar back to instrument panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my car back from service and they updated my firmware to the latest built 7.0 (2.7.77). Auto-parking never worked before for me since I updated to 7.0 and now it's working! I also noticed the temperature icon is no longer up on the status bar of the touchscreen, between lock icon and the charging lightning bolt icon anymore. It's now back on the instrument panel, to the right of the estimated driving distance, like version 6. I really liked the temperature up on the status bar. Anyone know if there's a user setting to get the temperature icon back up on the status bar?

I just got my car back from service and they updated my firmware to the latest built 7.0 (2.7.77). Auto-parking never worked before for me since I updated to 7.0 and now it's working! I also noticed the temperature icon is no longer up on the status bar of the touchscreen, between lock icon and the charging lightning bolt icon anymore. It's now back on the instrument panel, to the right of the estimated driving distance, like version 6. I really liked the temperature up on the status bar. Anyone know if there's a user setting to get the temperature icon back up on the status bar?

No. Tesla apparently listened to all the complaints about taking time and temperature off the center screen that they put them back. What they didn't understand is that no one asked they be removed from the center screen in order to do so.

No. Tesla apparently listened to all the complaints about taking time and temperature off the center screen that they put them back. What they didn't understand is that no one asked they be removed from the center screen in order to do so.

I'm with you on this one, I constantly check the 17" for the temp, only to remember that it's on the IC (time is on both, FYI)

Thanks for all the responses. I've only been an owner for 5 weeks with more time on v7 than v6. Why not have it in both places? It's not as if it cost more money, uses more electricity or adds weight. Tesla must not want the clutter, as is the case the entire interior design.

It's more convenient for the driver to see time and temperature on the dashboard.

For passengers, it's more convenient to see time and temperature on the touchscreen - they can't easily see the dashboard status line.

Removing the battery icon from the touchscreen was OK - since that's something the driver only needs to review (equivalent of the gas tank gauge for an ICE).

How hard can it be to consider who wants to see each of these items - and place them where they can be easily seen by the driver (a safety issue) and by the passenger (if the passenger also has a need to see this information)?

I use this. The temp is in the right display. Not showing here. I did not give it time to upload.

teslaportal.

IMG_3262.JPG

You can't please everyone. Sorry, I prefer them back on the instrument cluster (2.7.77).
Well, actually you can please everyone. Since the display is completely created by software it would be very easy to just have a configuration display that would allow each user to put the displays and controls wherever they wanted in whatever color, font and size they wanted.