Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll on battery size.

Which battery pack will you order for the Model S?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We should do a poll on what battery size people are planning to buy.
Of course the membership here is probably skewed but it may be interesting in any case.
( If somebody knows how to do a fancy poll that would be great. )
Otherwise I will start:
300 mile ( signature )

I usually like to gather as much information as I can before making decisions. As a result, I usually make decisions close to the deadline in the event I learn a new piece of information. I'd like to test drive this vehicle and compare it to other vehicles that may be released in the intervening year. That said, I am leaning toward at least one of the 300 mi. I might get another of 230 miles... it depends. It also depends on whether I give up the roadster... which I am leaning towards at this point as well.

ADDENDUM: Since this is a poll. I have ruled-out the 160 mile battery. These "ideal miles" are more like city miles. Where I live (Houston, TX) most driving is hwy miles. So I need that cusion. A 230 mile battery gives me the piece of mind to avoid range anxiety. I haven't experienced it yet, but if I were to miss a charge one night, and have only a 160 mi pack, then the next day, I would be nervous.

Last edited:
300, not because I need 300, but with the estimated battery life of 70-80% after 10 years I'll still have as much range as I need for my longer trips (~240 miles in a day). Based on what I can tell, there's almost zero chance batteries would increase capacity and reduce price sufficiently in just a few years to make it a better deal to get 230 and upgrade later.

Living in Hawaii, I only need the 160 mile battery, but I have a signature so I get the 300 mile one.

With standard mode you'll start out with around 240 ideal miles which will maybe give you 200 estimated miles. Might be more than you need but this will give you plenty of buffer. Especially 5+ years from now when the battery has lost some of it's range.