Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clek Foonf child seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

For anyone looking to install 2 Clek Foonf child seats, one rear-facing, one front-facing on Next Gen back seat.
Front-facing seat behind driver, rear-facing seat behind passenger.
Passenger seat needed to be move a bit further than usual to have enough room.

I wasn't able to fully test only one seat in the middle, rear-facing, but it seems to place the child seat right in between the front row.

IMG_20151104_152803.jpg
IMG_20151104_161304.jpg
IMG_20151104_161343.jpg
IMG_20151104_161357.jpg
IMG_20151104_162535.jpg
IMG_20151104_162559.jpg
IMG_20151104_162629.jpg

Christian

• Helpful
Reactions: StoicKiwi
Really appreciate this, Christian. Car seats are so hard to judge! I've done a sickening amount of research on car seats over the past month.

Based on your thoughts and those of another member (Thanks Dakkor!) I've ordered a Clek Fllo, which I'll be attempting to install rear-facing in the center seating position with the original rear seats. I should have more info this weekend, and I'll give an update.

For anyone wondering, the Fllo is very similar to the Foonf. Same seat, but with the crumple zone structure linked to the seat belt retaining mechanism instead of the rigid LATCH mechanism as it is on the Foonf. The Fllo sits 2" lower rear-facing because it has an integrated base instead of the Foonf's detachable base, which will help with rear visibility. For those installing in the center position you probably (depending on my test) want the Fllo, and for outboard installs where LATCH is present you probably want the Foonf.

Really appreciate this, Christian. Car seats are so hard to judge! I've done a sickening amount of research on car seats over the past month.

Based on your thoughts and those of another member (Thanks Dakkor!) I've ordered a Clek Fllo, which I'll be attempting to install rear-facing in the center seating position with the original rear seats. I should have more info this weekend, and I'll give an update.

For anyone wondering, the Fllo is very similar to the Foonf. Same seat, but with the crumple zone structure linked to the seat belt retaining mechanism instead of the rigid LATCH mechanism as it is on the Foonf. The Fllo sits 2" lower rear-facing because it has an integrated base instead of the Foonf's detachable base, which will help with rear visibility. For those installing in the center position you probably (depending on my test) want the Fllo, and for outboard installs where LATCH is present you probably want the Foonf.
Keep us updated ☺

Quick update. Clek Fllo came today so I did a quick test fit to see how much trouble I was in. I didn't cinch it down or anything, but I leveled it off to the correct positioning to check the fit. This thing almost seems designed to fit in this car.

It can fit, rear-facing, WITH the anti-rebound bar, in the center position directly between the front seats. I'm ~6'3" and have the seat back within an inch of the rear backstop and I don't have to move the seat forward at all. In a frontal 3/4 accident a front seat passengers head could maybe whip back and into the car seat. I may scoot up a fraction of an inch or adjust the recline, but I suspect once the seat is fully installed the inch or so it gets pulled into the seat will be enough for me to leave everything as-is. Really happy with the room.

Even better, for the first 3" or so of headrest travel, there's no impact whatsoever to rear visibility (though maybe there would be if you're shorter).

Anyway, here's a couple quick smartphone pics. I'll post some better ones once I've actually installed the thing.

2015-11-05 18.43.29.jpg
2015-11-05 18.45.58.jpg
2015-11-05 18.48.08.jpg