Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

85D Production Started!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So excited! My 85D which confirmed on 10/1 scheduled for a Late November delivery just started production! I almost considered changing to a 90D last minute but I already went from my original plan of a 70D so I figured I'd just stick with the 85D! I also mulled getting SAS but decided against that as well. Full options listed below.:love::cool::biggrin:

Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 12.08.43 PM.png

Welcome! I picked up my 85D this morning. I also started out thinking about a 70D, but decided a bit of extra range was worth it. For what I do with the car, I couldn't convince myself that I needed more than the 85 (really, the 70 would have done everything I needed).

I also have an 85D on order! On Purchase Agreement is says Delivery On or About 11/28. Based on the progress of your guys' cars I'm guessing more like early to mid December. I ordered 10/15 and confirmed on 10/21. VIN 113800's.

Oh wow, over 2 months from order to start of production? I'm probably looking at January delivery then.
Oh, no... I probably should have clarified that the delay was at my request. See, I originally opted for an early December delivery and it looks like the car will be ready early (which is perfectly okay--I just wanted to wait and see what happened with the HP split before forking money over to Tesla...also my Leaf lease doesn't end until December).

Oh, no... I probably should have clarified that the delay was at my request. See, I originally opted for an early December delivery and it looks like the car will be ready early (which is perfectly okay--I just wanted to wait and see what happened with the HP split before forking money over to Tesla...also my Leaf lease doesn't end until December).

Oh, phew.

I noticed you have "2016" in your signature. Did you decode your VIN and confirm its a "2016" model? I know Tesla is different than other car manufacturers, so there is no real model year--just curious!

Yeah. I should change that. At the time I made my signature I just assumed I would have a 2016 model and didn't realize Tesla doesn't adhere to standard model years. It is a 2015 vin. Sorry for the confusion.

Also went for 85D, just read that 90D owners informed about significant range decrease for the first several weeks, so did not want to be Beta-tester for the new silicon battery chemistry :)

I had the same logic as you. I wanted the bigger battery, but did not want to beta test the new chemistry as I've also read about the significant degradation in such a short period of time. The 85 seems to be a tried and true battery, at least more so than the 90.