Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you prefer dark or light wheels on your Red MS?

Dark or Silver wheels on Red MS?

• Dark

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Silver

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would dark wheels clash with the chrome accents on the car? Any pictures of the combo in the real world?
I think they do, though the poll results so far disagree with me. It definitely seems like "one too many colors" to my eyes. If you black out the chrome (there are some pictures of that on here somewhere), the red looks fantastic with the dark grey wheels. Without it, I think they look a bit out of place. A guy I used to work with ordered his MC Red with the dark 21"s and ended up swapping with someone on here who had the silver 21"s.

Maybe if they were actually black it'd be a different story? I'm not sure.

This illustrates what I was talking about, I think (grey, black, red, chrome - it's a lot):
TT.jpg

Now, same setup, without the chrome:
maxresdefault.jpg

Tesla-Model-S-P85D-XPEL-Ultimate-wrap-chrome-delete-black-mirrors-trims.jpg

The latter looks a LOT better, IMO.

Silver 21"s for reference:
attachment.php?attachmentid=35713&d=1384601711.jpg

Last edited:
Dark wheels on red is too busy. Model S has a lot of chrome and the silver wheels give an elegance that the black/grey wheels do not. The dark wheels sort of jump out at you and don't look like they belong with the rest of the car. If you black out the chrome, as the above poster showed, it looks much more unified.