Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire pressure for 19" Goodyears on my S60? Same for winters?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 60 on stock rims with the GY RSA2 tires.

Sticker says 42, my SC says 42, but I know people run at 45 or even 50psi.

If there's a range, I would like a nice balance between range, ride comfort, and tread wear.

Getting Dunlop Winter Maxx soon on Rial Luganos....same psi?

Thanks!

I've been doing 50psi. Better range, better tire ware (Last set was over 40,000 miles with regular rotations every 6k). Great traction both summer and winter. I'm running stock goodyear eagle rs a2's.

During the summer, I set the fronts 2psi lower, as when supercharging, or in hot weather with the AC on, the vents, well, vent directly onto the tires, causing the pressure to increase tripping the over-pressure warning.

- - - Updated - - -

The 42psi, feels like I'm driving with 4 flat tires. Energy consumption goes up considerably as well.

I've been doing 50psi. Better range, better tire ware (Last set was over 40,000 miles with regular rotations every 6k). Great traction both summer and winter. I'm running stock goodyear eagle rs a2's.

During the summer, I set the fronts 2psi lower, as when supercharging, or in hot weather with the AC on, the vents, well, vent directly onto the tires, causing the pressure to increase tripping the over-pressure warning.

- - - Updated - - -

The 42psi, feels like I'm driving with 4 flat tires. Energy consumption goes up considerably as well.

Trying 48 now (50 is a little too close to the 52 max for me), and the ride seems really nice. Handles really well through corners. I'll try the same on my Dunlop Winter Maxx when I change them over.

Thanks!

How were the Dunlop Winter Maxx tires? Would you recommend them? I see they are a little cheaper than the Michelin.
They are ok. I work for GY so I get a great price on them. They are great in the ice and snow, but hydroplane easily on wet or slush roads. If the Michelin Xice3 were only 10 or 20% more I would get them instead. Good tread wear rating and LRR should help winter range.

In Norway it's recommended to add 10% tire pressure in the winter, at least by Nokian tires

IMG_0170.jpg