Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dumb questions thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TOBASH

Supporting Member
Well, I think its time. I keep hearing so many dumb questions that my cup runneth over.

Let's all share and even invent a few new ones...

----------------------------------------------------------------

If it's electric, where does the gas go?

How many miles per gallon?

If you run out of charge, can you go to a gas station?

How do you do a tune-up?

A car like that can't be cheap [to operate], it must need 93 octane...

Where's the muffler go?

Is that the "new" Tesla?

If it's electric I bet it is all show and no go.

If it's electric, do you need tracks like a train?

How many cubic inches is it?

Will it fit a small block Chevy?

Is it Turbo?

As far as my number one concern right now... I'm wondering if Elon Musk also screwed with the car to fake the emissions like Volkswagen did.:smile::cool::tongue:

Best,

T

In the early days, Tesla had this motto:
ncar.jpg

Someone came up to a Tesla rep and asked "Where is the tank for all the rubber? What kind of rubber can it burn?"

Model S owner: "When did Tesla start making this? I didn't know they had a new model."

OMG so often!

I can't believe the overwhelming majority of people who think my 22-month-old 50,000km car is still "brand new" -- must be 70% of people who have questions. And that's sometimes not even just after I've washed it!

My car is 5 years old... I also get that!

"Is that a Ferrari?"

This is the biggest problem when you get your car in Fusion Red...

"How fast does it go?" Typically young kids, and I rephrase clarify the question to "how quick can it go from 0-60..." and share its more important and realistic to go quick rather than fast as in top speed.

I too get the "It looks brand new!" and I've never polished it since I bought it as well as its usually a day when its filthy. I believe due to the good looking lines of the Roadster that they're just blown away with the beauty no matter what condition its in.

Also get the, "Is this Tesla's new car they just released?"

And of course the, "Is that a Lotus?" as well as "What is that?"

How come they just don't put solar on the car's roof so it could just recharge that way?

And its variation,

How come they just don't put solar on the car's roof so it could just keep going and not, even need a charge?

Hey you wanna trade your Tesla for my ........Insert their ICE Car Model Here .....?

What do you do when you run out of electricity? My response,

I have never run out of electricity, Have you ever run out of gas? Yes. What did you do?

Last edited: