Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Showroom/Gallery - Hingham MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought Tesla could sell cars in Massachusetts after the court decision. If so, I wonder why is this being called a Tesla gallery and not a Tesla store? Galleries are the names for the Tesla establishments in states like Texas where they can't sell, discuss price, etc.

I wish they'd hurry up and open a service center (possibly with showroom) in southern NH (ie, Nashua/Merrimack), for two reasons. It would be much easier for me to get to service vs dealing with the Dedham/Watertown traffic nightmares, plus I'm still concerned about MA sales tax as a (soon-to-be) NH resident.

Anytime a buyer takes delivery of a car in MA, MA expects to get sales tax, regardless of the buyer's state of residence or the ultimate state of registration. If you ever try to later register the car in MA, and they even suspect you took delivery in MA, they will try to extort back taxes and penalties out of you before letting you register. It's much cleaner to do the deal outside of MA if you aren't a MA resident...

I wish they'd hurry up and open a service center (possibly with showroom) in southern NH (ie, Nashua/Merrimack), for two reasons. It would be much easier for me to get to service vs dealing with the Dedham/Watertown traffic nightmares, plus I'm still concerned about MA sales tax as a (soon-to-be) NH resident.

Anytime a buyer takes delivery of a car in MA, MA expects to get sales tax, regardless of the buyer's state of residence or the ultimate state of registration. If you ever try to later register the car in MA, and they even suspect you took delivery in MA, they will try to extort back taxes and penalties out of you before letting you register. It's much cleaner to do the deal outside of MA if you aren't a MA resident...

Only one thing to do... Road trip!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447257211.608161.jpg

Pick your car up in Fremont and drive across the country. I'm seriously considering doing that in my X next year depending on the timing.