Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Recommendation for RWD P85 with 19 inch TSportline wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

swegman

Mar 27, 2012
I have a RWD P85 with just under 23,000 miles and have gone through my second set of tires. The tires are mounted on the TSportline 19 inch wheels. My current tires are the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires, which are down to 3/32 inch of thread after about 12,700 miles. I am interested in hearing what tires people recommend for the car. I am interested in dry and wet handling and braking performance. I am not concerned about using the tires in snow. I would like a tire that is quiet, and if possible, has a low rolling resistance, so as to increase the driving range of the car. With the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tire, I am averaging about 346wh/m. My driving style is not aggressive. Thanks.

Last edited:
I have a RWD P85 with just under 23,000 miles and have gone through my second set of tires. The tires are mounted on the TSportline 19 inch wheels. My current tires are the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires, which are down to 3/32 inch of thread after about 12,700 miles. I am interested in hearing what tires people recommend for the car. I am interested in dry and wet handling and braking performance. I am not concerned about using the tires in snow. I would like a tire that is quiet, and if possible, has a low rolling resistance, so as to increase the driving range of the car. With the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tire, I am averaging about 346wh/m. My driving style is not aggressive. Thanks.

I do drive aggressive, and my WH/mi is around 330. Winter is responsible for most of the elevated Wh/mi numbers in my case. In summer I keep it around 310.

Don't get Pirelli P7's. They lasted almost 50,000 but they have no grip. Since I don't drive so much anymore I'm thinking about a more purpose specific tire.

I'm looking at the Conti's and Michelins for my next set.

I got the Pilot Sport A/S 3 at Costco. They have a 50,000 mile warranty, but I'm sure its worthless as the majority of the wear is on the inner portion of the tire. However, I'm disappointed that they are worn out after less than 13,000 miles, and the lifetime energy usage was not less than the 21 inch PS 2 tires I originally had on the car, while lasting only a few thousand miles more than the PS 2 tires, which were summer tires.