Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3G connection lost, on V6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First few day with 70D is fine. But, starting from today, the 3G got lost after the car go sleep, and I need to reboot the dashboard to get it back. This happened 3 times today!!!

even more, the dashboard twice when I get into the car......need to reboot again.

guess it's some issue with waking up the car, likely software issue, if anyone got the same and any workaround?
V6.2
energy save ON
always connected checked

I had the same problem with my 70D but less frequent. Since my car had to go back to Tesla for some touch-ups, I asked about the 3G problem and the SA insists it's a bug with 6.2 and upgrading to version 7 should eliminate the issue. Fingers crossed.

First few day with 70D is fine. But, starting from today, the 3G got lost after the car go sleep, and I need to reboot the dashboard to get it back. This happened 3 times today!!!

even more, the dashboard twice when I get into the car......need to reboot again.

guess it's some issue with waking up the car, likely software issue, if anyone got the same and any workaround?
V6.2
energy save ON
always connected checked

I had the same problem with my 70D but less frequent. Since my car had to go back to Tesla for some touch-ups, I asked about the 3G problem and the SA insists it's a bug with 6.2 and upgrading to version 7 should eliminate the issue. Fingers crossed.
Thanks to let me know I'm not alone, and sad to know that rollout of 7.0 is suspended by TD. Wish we can get the update soon!

when u lose 3G signal, try reset the onboard computer by pressing both scroll dialers simultaneously for 1 - 2 seconds and let go. Note, highly recommend you are to do this while the car is "park".
Thanks for advise, I aware on this reboot but it would become a daily routine which is annoying:cursing:. Also, losing 3G means losing all mobile features....wish Tesla fix it soon!

If you have to reboot it every other day you'll have to ring/email Tesla there be hardware issue!
I emailed and they said its properly software issue, I'm urging to have a 7.0 update

- - - Updated - - -

I picked up 70D on Friday and it happened to me on Sunday and today and I am running 6.2
Same, but mine happen EVERYTIME now when go into sleep mode
whats ur setting on energy save?

Last edited:
I have exactly the same problem and I have to reboot the center console every time I go in the car. This render the remote app cannot connect to the car. I called Tesla and the customer service officer told me that is the bug in 6.2. However, due to the TD warning, they have stopped the 7.0 delivery to HK clients. Furthermore, they claimed that if the AutoPilot issue cannot be fixed with TD in a short period, Tesla will deliver a modify version of 7.0 to HK clients. Finger cross ....

i hope this modified v7 for HK will not have the auto-park, auto-steer functions disabled. We paid for the tech package, and if these features are ready but for some reason it is not released, or released then de-activated. We should have a refund.

i hope this modified v7 for HK will not have the auto-park, auto-steer functions disabled. We paid for the tech package, and if these features are ready but for some reason it is not released, or released then de-activated. We should have a refund.

My 3G drops out almost every day when it goes to sleep. I have power save OFF and always connected ON. Clearly this is related to software 6.2. Tesla really needs to fix this. I can't wait for the software update JUST for this alone. I have very little interest in other enhancements.