Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stop the Press! Tesla announces REAL HP numbers for P85D and P90L

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Matias

Apr 2, 2014
Finland
http://www.teslamotors.com/models

532 hp (Ludicrous) *
463 hp *

P85DHp.png

There is less than 50hp difference between P85D and 85D. 0-60 time in P85D is with 1 feet roll out and in 85D it is without that. So the real difference in 0-60 time is about 0.8 seconds. 50 hp can't make such a difference? Is 85D software limited?

There is less than 50hp difference between P85D and 85D. 0-60 time in P85D is with 1 feet roll out and in 85D it is without that. So the real difference in 0-60 time is about 0.8 seconds. 50 hp can't make such a difference? Is 85D software limited?
The P does have the bigger rear motor. I assume thats part of it. But a software limited car wouldnt be the first time in history. Actually far from it. In Norway I would guess 80% of the cars sold are indeed software limited.

Honestly I dont see a problem even if the 85D theoretically could do the same 0-60times as the P. Thats just good engineering from Tesla!

The P does have the bigger rear motor. I assume thats part of it. But a software limited car wouldnt be the first time in history. Actually far from it. In Norway I would guess 80% of the cars sold are indeed software limited.

Honestly I dont see a problem even if the 85D theoretically could do the same 0-60times as the P. Thats just good engineering from Tesla!

I don't mean to say, that that would be problem. I'm just curious. I know that it is common in microprocessors to limit the performance of cheaper models.

Great news. Kudos to all of you who fought for what you felt was right and got results.

It always seemed odd that they could get the numbers and times right for the pre P cars, then suddenly "measuring EVs is hard!".

Many here scoffed when Audi claimed some insane Torque amount on the etron by adding up the wheels, so we should hold Tesla to the same standards.

Hopefully they keep it up going forward, but a shame all of this drama had to happen to get them to be honest