Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire pressure warning AND now covers up autosteer warning on IC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new P90D delivered 10/8/15 and just today on my first longer out-of-town trip received a tire pressure warning for the rear left tire. When I checked the new TPMS monitor in the dash it showed at 38psi and others were all at 39-42psi.

This seems low all-around for the tires that are on there in a sedan (21"). And how do I reset it or does it reset itself? At some point that tire got to 39 along with the other rear tire (still seems low, especially with the heat we’re still having) but it never reset the warning indicator which incidentally is covering up the autosteer “hold the wheel” indicator!

So?

But the longer trip was really fun with autosteer and watching her learn more and more as we drove on different roads farther and farther afield.

I have a new P90D delivered 10/8/15 and just today on my first longer out-of-town trip received a tire pressure warning for the rear left tire. When I checked the new TPMS monitor in the dash it showed at 38psi and others were all at 39-42psi.

This seems low all-around for the tires that are on there in a sedan (21"). And how do I reset it or does it reset itself? At some point that tire got to 39 along with the other rear tire (still seems low, especially with the heat we’re still having) but it never reset the warning indicator which incidentally is covering up the autosteer “hold the wheel” indicator!

So?

But the longer trip was really fun with autosteer and watching her learn more and more as we drove on different roads farther and farther afield.

You're right -- those pressures are too low. Don't know what they are for your car, but the recommended pressures are on a label affixed the the driver's door. They're probably 44-45 psi.

With this car it's ok (and I think desirable) to set the tire pressures on the high side and maintain them there. I keep mine around 46-47 psi.

Did you try to reset your IC and/or 17"?

To reset the IC hold the two buttons above the scroll wheels (I think forward and voice commands).
To reset the 17" display hold the two scroll wheels.