Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plug'n Drive event today at Queen's Park (Oct 26, 2015)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe they will some time. Though I really doubt they'd be able to get Elon, never mind Trudeau.

Yeah well, you never know unless you try.

I think it "could" happen. Elon has met with many international leaders to discuss this very thing, why not Trudeau? I'm expanding the idea beyond just Trudeau, to include all delegates heading to the UN Climate Conference.

Sooo here is my effort...keeping it local: Board of Directors | Plug n Drive (Jim Keech is CEO Utilities Kingston)

"Mr. Keech,

I have not had the pleasure to meet you. I am a local resident of Kingston and an avid Tesla/EV/Elon fan. I've been hooked since test driving the Model S in 2013.

I noticed you are holding this event today:
http://www.newswire.ca/news-release...climate-change-action-strategy-536954761.html
Which is genius!
And instantly made me think to do the same with the Feds, as they are setting policy for EV's now. Here's my pitch:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/56347-Plug-n-Drive-event-today-at-Queen-s-Park

What do you think?"

Someone on TMC must be tied in with Plug'n Drive...thoughts? Can we take this show from the park to the hill?

Last edited:
Plug'n Drive-Mission Vision Values

Mission, Vision and Values

Mission:
To accelerate the adoption of electric cars in order to maximize their environmental and economic benefits.
Vision:
To make electric drive a reality for all Canadians.
Values:
Unbiased and Agnostic: We will provide information that is unbiased and will work with any and all companies, NGOs, research institutions and government bodies that support our mission.
Accuracy and Integrity: We will always strive to provide high quality and accurate information that has been well researched, comes from reliable sources and is based on fact.
Social Environmental Responsibility:Any program we engage in must support our goal of accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles.

I was there.

IMG_0549.JPG

Nice! Was it a success? Were many MPP's participating?

Would the event lend itself to Parliament Hill in your opinion?

It was an "okay" turnout, but nothing huge. I didn't even notice any media, which was kinda sad. Glen Murray, Minister of Environment & Climate Change (in the picture I posted) seemed to be the most enthusiastic presenter trying to encourage everyone to buy an EV. One other (Conservative, I think) MPP spoke and the Minister of Transportation was a no-show, but one of his senior staffers said a few words. Duncan Hawthorne, CEO of Bruce Power and a new Plug 'n Drive sponsor also spoke. Not sure what to think about Parliament Hill. Most of these kinds of events I attend are at at the local "grassroots" level, and I am not sure what the Federal interest level is at this time.

Last edited:
It was an "okay" turnout, but nothing huge. I didn't even notice any media, which was kinda sad. Glen Murray, Minister of Environment & Climate Change (in the picture I posted) seemed to be the most enthusiastic presenter trying to encourage everyone to buy an EV. One other (Conservative, I think) MPP spoke and the Minister of Transportation was a no-show, but one of his senior staffers said a few words. Duncan Hawthorne, CEO of Bruce Power and a new Plug 'n Drive sponsor also spoke. Not sure what to think about Parliament Hill. Most of these kinds of events I attend are at at the local "grassroots" level, and I am not sure what the Federal interest level is at this time.

I appreciate your honest account.

I hope to hear back from Mr. Keech or other members of Plug'n Drive. It seemed like an excellent concept for an event. How can they improve on their next one?

I was surprised that I didn't hear anything about it until Monday. Was it open to local EV owners?

I was surprised that I didn't hear anything about it until Monday. Was it open to local EV owners?

Yes, I believe it was, but they did arrange it on fairly short notice. I'm not sure what mechanism P 'n D uses to get the word out, but I'll bring it up next time I see Cara or Ron.

The schedule even changed at the last minute due to the availability of the Minister. There was another Model S owner (brand new titanium 85D) who showed up and tried to park up front, but due to security restrictions, he had to be shooed away. (I already knew not to bring my car or try to park it there). The Parliament security would only allow cars that were pre-registered and pre-screened to be there. There were cars and representatives from Nissan, BMW, Chevrolet, Mitsubishi and Tesla there, and they were offering test drives around Queens Park Circle. There were also 2 (I think) EVSE companies with charging station mock-ups.