Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are you storing things in the Roadster cabin? Sunglasses clip?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had the car for a week or two and am struggling with the lack of places to put anything. What are you folks doing? I have my glasses case, mail keys, chapstick, that sort of essential stuff. The glove box seems able to store exactly 2 latex gloves if they're folded properly ;)

Welcome to Roadsters! I have a couple of favorite storage spots, but FIRST, before we go there, you need to eliminate the 'under seat storage' immediately. Easy to inadvertently lose things there, a huge pain to get things back out. I used something like this Amazon.com: Drop Stop - The Original Patented Car Seat Gap Filler - Set of 2 (AS SEEN ON SHARK TANK): Automotive.

Favorite spots - two water bottles fit between the seat back and door pillar on each side. You have the owners manual under the front of the passenger seat - but you can also lift the passenger seat pad (velcro'd) and tuck a few papers or spare cash there. I usually stash a headset and other misc in a small plastic envelope, held in place by the strut overhead.

I have the 1.5, I store most of my items like my glasses, sunglass case, cloth to dust the dash, cloth to wipe my glasses/mirror, my key card, Chargepoint/blink cards all on that long open sill. Plenty of space. Not a fan of the 2.x glovebox / design personally, some may like it since it is lockable or gives a cleaner look. I like being able to throw things on that sill without the need to futz around opening / closing a door. I store a couple of CDs in their cases under the passenger seat where the manual would go, manual is inside my house. I also have a medium size canvas zipper case (size of a ziplock bag) that has my reg/insurance, spare fuses, and other goodies which slides under the drivers seat. My CAN JR/SR are behind the drivers seat by the seat-belt where I access them regularly. I have other things like window sun-shades, towels, a baseball hat, etc behind the drivers & passenger's seat as well. Still plenty of room :)

Last edited:
I've had the car for a week or two and am struggling with the lack of places to put anything. What are you folks doing? I have my glasses case, mail keys, chapstick, that sort of essential stuff. The glove box seems able to store exactly 2 latex gloves if they're folded properly ;)

So far everything you mentioned would fit in the little storage box at the bottom of the center console. If I need more room I have a narrow canvas bag that I set on the floor under my knees or on the passenger floor. I glued some rubber traction material to the bottom so it doesn't slide around.

but FIRST, before we go there, you need to eliminate the 'under seat storage' immediately.

Man, isn't that the truth! I have had my daughter drop stuff that got stuck under the passenger's side seat—with the bracket that holds the owner's manual there and a seat that can't be moved forward or backward, that is a black hole if every I have seen one!

David

Oh! And NevadaBob made this great little plastic divider, that fits in the trunk - keeps everything organized over on one side. I'll take a pic of it when I'm home later this weekend.

Still waiting for that picture. Monday here in New York. How many days of delay to West Coast? ;-)~

Seriously, I would like to see what it does and if I might use it also.

That being said, I found the Roadster to be better at driving, and as such I'm not too concerned with storage.

Best,

T

Still waiting for that picture. Monday here in New York. How many days of delay to West Coast? ;-)~

Here you go - still a little dark here, but I think this will work:

IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG