Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vote on software features/bugs to fix in 7.1 and beyond

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think the current method of writing posts in this forum or tweeting at Elon is going to yield consistent results. However, if we can start developing and culling an idea list then it might be more powerful and we would hopefully see some very positive change that is sourced in a way that is consumable by Tesla.

In order to help in this process I put together a pretty rough and ready list of major areas as well as an idea or two for each. You will be able to vote and add features/bugs that you would like to see voted on as well. This way the ideas can be quickly shared and bubbled to the top if they really resonate. The system is trivial, easy to use, and run by an online company called tricider.com.

A few important points.

• You will need a login. This is to prevent spam. I know we will lose some people right there but a spammed voting system is useless and not very credible
  • Please try to limit your descriptions and comments to 100 words or less.
  • If you think I am missing a category please let me know and I will add it
  • Elon refers to 7.1 in his tweeted request. Typically a minor release is more about bug fixes and small features vs. significant overhaul. Don't restrict your thinking to 7.1 but do keep that in mind as some things just are not going to be feasible or quick wins.

If I get the time I will go through and add some of the feature request lists I have already seen on the forum. That is a lot of work so if you want to help I would be happy to take on more of an editor role vs. attempting to read every message and interpret your intent.

Okay, all caveats and rambling over. Here are the lists.

I hope you find this useful. Please feel free to feedback or comment on how it works or if you have a better idea for how we can crowdsource and prioritize some great ideas for our favourite car.

Last edited:
I think this is great. I suggested a Google doc on another thread and then someone directed me to a page on Teslarati that might have already had something similar started. But I think yours might be a better fit. When can I login? I have a list of about 50 thing I'd like to enter and keep track of.

Great breakdown of categories, although we might want to add a Misc. section. Also, if you think it might be a good idea to breakdown above your list into "Driving Dynamics" and "Infotainment". So that autopilot would go under the former and the rest could go under the latter. I dont know, I think your list is a pretty solid start.

Thank you for your efforts.

It should be working right now (let me know if you have trouble logging in/voting).

I will add Misc and update the above categories. Let's see if there is additional feedback on categories and I will do any further editing in one go.

Ahhh, I did not use facebook to login in. That may be broken for them. I just used an email address so you may want to give that a shot. This is the first time I have used this website so I hope it is not junk :-(.

I did add your feature request though! :).

In order to help in this process I put together a pretty rough and ready list of major areas as well as an idea or two for each. You will be able to vote and add features/bugs that you would like to see voted on as well. This way the ideas can be quickly shared and bubbled to the top if they really resonate. The system is trivial, easy to use, and run by an online company called tricider.com.

Great job, Korben! Thanks!

I had an idea, but couldn't get it to take. I would love to see a dash cam near the driver where if something happens in front of me (crime, accident, reckless driving, road rage ect) I could just reach up and double click a button on top. The cam would upload a streaming video to Tesla (say previous 60 seconds and subsequent 120 for 3 minute total). They could forward to Highway Patrol with geo data and timestamp. No more messing around with a 911 call. Perfect description and license number. Safe and easy to report drunk drivers.

The rest of the world is now getting v7 and the clock & temp are back on the bottom line.

WHAT ABOUT THE DATE???

And did they move the warranty ticking time bomb counter back to the bottom too?

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome! Check out my charge cable reminder under miscellaneous. Thanx!

Voting now....

- - - Updated - - -

Mods: not sure the protocol, but can we request this thread to be stickied? I know it's still in its infancy, but this site is/can be the best single resource for trackable popularity of user submitted software improvements to date. Not that the feature request sticky isn't useful, but to have a vote system as well as a seperated out discussion for each individual item still in one place is truly valuable; both to us and Tesla.