Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to charge while waiting for the Plantation Supercharger to become operational?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awaiting the Supercharger completion, Plugshare doesn't show great options for a quick 25-mile charge around Plantation ... does anyone know of a place not on the map? I need to make a day trip on Saturday from Naples to Plantation and back. The total RT is about 205 miles. I usually plan on 75% of my rated mileage, which would be 265 x 75% = 198 miles. Makes me nervous. I hope this isn't taking the thread off-topic, but figured asking where a temporary solution is, until the Plantation Supercharger is up and running, might be allowed. :) Thanks in advance for any suggestions -- I appreciate it!

Last edited by a moderator:
it is flat and cool, you should have no problem and you can always slow down. But looking on PlugShare there is Whole Foods and Broward Govt Center as well as Sawgrass Chev if you really need it. But if all else fails I have a 40 amp plug you could use but would need to make arrangements ahead of time.

@Mnlevin: But it's so hard to slow down in a Tesla ... lol. It will be a good exercise though, and now with Autopilot/Autosteer, it should make it easier to do. As I said, I typically get 75% of rated miles due to speed, passengers, climate, wind, etc -- and I'd actually like to see 80%+ by being more cognizant of the variables. And thanks for the other suggestions with the J1772 chargers.

@tsmaka: I've been to the Dania Beach Service Center ... they're great! It's just a little further East -- and South -- as I'm only going to Plantation from Naples and back. It's an option, though, if need be -- thank you.

@everyone: What a great forum this is. I've had a couple private messages, too, offering home charging, and it is so appreciated ... and so effective on reducing range anxiety! I will swing by the Plantation Supercharger site while I'm there and post pictures ... hopefully of further progress. Thanks again to everyone.

I have a office/warehouse at 11470 interchange Cir N, Mirama FL 33025.
240v 40amps nema 14-50 you can charge at 23/24 miles per hour. Not 30 per hour since I get only 200V not 240v...
I am sharing in plugshare. It's just off the turnpike and Red road.
You can come in anytime between 9am and 5pm. Just give us some notice. Office number 954 438 7779. Speak to Ariel Sosa.
Nicolas Terzani

Not sure why my posts aren't appearing ... I just wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions and offers to help with charging this weekend, on our day trip from Naples to Plantation and back.

It is much appreciated, and this is a great forum of people! Thank you!

I have a office/warehouse at 11470 interchange Cir N, Mirama FL 33025.
240v 40amps nema 14-50 you can charge at 23/24 miles per hour. Not 30 per hour since I get only 200V not 240v...
I am sharing in plugshare. It's just off the turnpike and Red road.
You can come in anytime between 9am and 5pm. Just give us some notice. Office number 954 438 7779. Speak to Ariel Sosa.
Nicolas Terzani

just wanted to add the office is open only on weekdays.

Not sure why my posts aren't appearing ... I just wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions and offers to help with charging this weekend, on our day trip from Naples to Plantation and back.

It is much appreciated, and this is a great forum of people! Thank you!

Since you have so few posts, all your submissions must wait for a moderator to review, which is a human being with his/her own timetable to volunteer for this site. Once you get more posts in, the forum will let you post directly.

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry for the delay. I was away attending an EV conference. Yes, I am the human that has to take your post out of automatic moderation.

Larry

Not close by, but I ended up using a 64a/200v HPWC at Banyan Air Service at the Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport to charge up last night. Even saw a white P85D parked nearby. They have two chargers. Looking at PlugShare, many have generously shared their home chargers with others. This helped me a lot the 240v is on the back of the house I'm visiting, so no way my UMC would reach.

@Cyclone: Thanks for the explanation. (I kind of figured as a newbie to the forum, something like that might be the case.)

@Larry Chanin: Hi Larry. LOL ... you are a good human! I was sensitive to that post inquiring about temporary charging until the Plantation Supercharger was up and running, as I was a little concerned it would be off-topic. And it was ... I'm sorry about that. I will post an "on-topic" post later this weekend after I swing by the Plantation Supercharger site and post some pictures, if anything appears new or progress seems to have been made. Also, thanks for initiating this thread ... I have some great options for charging this weekend, from a great group of people here. I'm not sure what else I could have done without the generous home-charging offers (and of course, I always bring a bottle of red or white to show my appreciation, too!)

Thanks again.
Tim.

@Cyclone: Thanks for the explanation. (I kind of figured as a newbie to the forum, something like that might be the case.)

@Larry Chanin: Hi Larry. LOL ... you are a good human! I was sensitive to that post inquiring about temporary charging until the Plantation Supercharger was up and running, as I was a little concerned it would be off-topic. And it was ... I'm sorry about that. I will post an "on-topic" post later this weekend after I swing by the Plantation Supercharger site and post some pictures, if anything appears new or progress seems to have been made. Also, thanks for initiating this thread ... I have some great options for charging this weekend, from a great group of people here. I'm not sure what else I could have done without the generous home-charging offers (and of course, I always bring a bottle of red or white to show my appreciation, too!)

Thanks again.
Tim.

Hi Tim,

No problem.

I want to remind you that our club has a private charging network in which participating members share their home charging source with other participating traveling members. We have over 80 locations across the state.

I see that you have accepted my invitation to join our private discussion group so you can view the list here. (Only our club members who have accepted my invitation will be able to access the information on that link.)

If you wish to join our charging network, please contact me at [email protected].

Regards,

Larry

Good grief still not up...guess ill be spending the night friday to charge my 60

Afraid so. I'm looking into it. It's been four weeks since the Tesla SC contractors finished. If you don't have an overnight plan, I highly recommend the http://thevictoriaparkhotel.com/ for Tesla charging.

Edit: Actually, they welcome Tesla charging whether you're staying there or not.

Last edited:
Charging near fort lauderdale

Afraid so. I'm looking into it. It's been four weeks since the Tesla SC contractors finished. If you don't have an overnight plan, I highly recommend the http://thevictoriaparkhotel.com/ for Tesla charging.

Edit: Actually, they welcome Tesla charging whether you're staying there or not.

Hey guys im a noobie here just wanted to poke in and say high. I have an 85D. I live in fort lauderdale and tampa so my charging stations have been brandon and the fort drum service station primarily. But while staying in fort lauderdale i use the Nissan Dealer chademo charges which normally top me off in an hour and 20 mins. Weston Nissan and the fort lauderdale nissan have the chargers. Although as of late the fort lauderdale one has been down. Charged to full at the weston one just last night. Cant wait for the plantation charger to roll out. Hope this helps.

If you have the chademo adapter you could go use the nissan weston fast charger or there is a nissan fast charger chargepoint with a $5 fee at the nissan plantation dealer. I typically charge at the nissan dealer in fort lauderdale via their chademo fast charger in a 1hr 30 mins, although the 17st nissan on federal highway has their charger down currently. Hope this helps.