Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster at CarMax?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably not the right place to post this, but I was surprised today while at CarMax.

My wife and I dropped in there during a late lunch hour to co-sign for my son. Pure random chance that we were there when we were. While filling in the paperwork, a technician leaned over the counter and started talking to another coworker about a "Tesla Roadster". I interrupted, "A Roadster? What color?" Radiant Red.

I asked to see it and the technician said he'd have to ask the new owners. Well, never mind, I had a lot to get done today and didn't want to wait. But he let slip that it was an $80,000 car. The coworker made some comment about them "copying Lotus" and I corrected him, but it fell on dead ears.

I called my son later to tell him his paperwork is in order and mentioned the Roadster. "No way! No way! Freakin' awesome. No way!". I don't know why not, I guess, but it's probably not the first place I'd look for used Roadster.

Has anyone ever sold their leased Tesla Roadster to Carmax? I have 1 year left on a lease. I recently went from a one way 1 hour 15 minute commute to a 5 minute commute. The lease payment doesn't seem justified considering I don't need carpool lane access anymore and I'm only adding about 200 miles at most per month to the car.

So the Model S will be driving you 5 minutes or is that the wife's car? If you are at Amgen they have places to plug in not open to the public. You could ride a bike today.

We are canceling our Model S reservation. The original plan was to take advantage of the early lease termination program on the Roadster to buy the Model S. Can't justify the Model S either. We plan on keeping the wife's Infiniti since it's almost paid off. Going to start skateboarding to the office.

Guess I won't catch your Roadster at the supermarket or movies anymore.