Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh mentioned @ Burbank Studio Grand Opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to the Black Tie event last night at the Burbank Studio, Service, and Supercharger Center.

Probably the only triple in the USA? To have all services under one roof.

Great location, right next to the worlds largest IKEA, which is under construction.

But what was said was interesting. Next year the Model S will be refreshed. Complete with a new Front end. The nose cone will be replaced with the Model X front end as well as a huge list of other changes. They said that we should see some great pricing on CPO vehicles come fall. I dont know who these people were, providing this information at this event, if corporate or non Tesla employees. And Im sure this is probably old news, and everybody already knew of this.

Back to the Burbank Studio. Congrats to all, you guys have one heck of a center. Great group of employees. This could be the Tesla model of Studios to come.
Providing your one stop Tesla shop.

Reactions: chriSharek
Next year the Model S will be refreshed. Complete with a new Front end. The nose cone will be replaced with the Model X front end as well as a huge list of other changes. They said that we should see some great pricing on CPO vehicles come fall. I dont know who these people were, providing this information at this event, if corporate or non Tesla employees. And Im sure this is probably old news, and everybody already knew of this.

While not surprising this is definitely news, but I'll take it with a grain of salt for now...

Reactions: chriSharek
But what was said was interesting. Next year the Model S will be refreshed. Complete with a new Front end. The nose cone will be replaced with the Model X front end as well as a huge list of other changes. They said that we should see some great pricing on CPO vehicles come fall. I dont know who these people were, providing this information at this event, if corporate or non Tesla employees. And Im sure this is probably old news, and everybody already knew of this.

Interesting...and what many of us have been waiting/hoping for!

Just wondering...when does "fall" start in Burbank? Here it started a month ago on September 23rd. :wink:

Michael Ojaghian, the regional service manager, said that his is trying to make sure all of the new service plus centers that open in the LA area have SuperChargers. They are slated for one in the Westlake/Thousand Oaks area, Northern San Fernando Valley or Valencia area, and another in the orange county area.

Probably the only triple in the USA? To have all services under one roof.

nope. Paramus NJ is a triple. Paramus-Route 17 | Tesla Motors so is Nashville-Brentwood, and Chicago-Highland Park, just to name a few. theres probably more.

paramus.png

I've never liked the Model S nose, took a while to get used to it.

I'm not surprised that they are making updates. They've been doing so somewhat regularly for the last few years.

But what was said was interesting. Next year the Model S will be refreshed. Complete with a new Front end. The nose cone will be replaced with the Model X front end as well as a huge list of other changes. They said that we should see some great pricing on CPO vehicles come fall.

OK, who invited Trip Chowdhry?

It's not obvious who they were, then the information is simply worthless.

While I would take this leak with a grain of salt, the Model S is due for a refresh at some point, it would simply manufacturing if they share more common parts, so it does seem likely that it will happen. Who knows when though?

While I would take this leak with a grain of salt, the Model S is due for a refresh at some point, it would simply manufacturing if they share more common parts, so it does seem likely that it will happen. Who knows when though?
Wasn't it Elon himself that stated just a few weeks ago there were no immediate plans for a Model S refresh? It came up right after the X reveal.

Wasn't it Elon himself that stated just a few weeks ago there were no immediate plans for a Model S refresh? It came up right after the X reveal.

I remember that, but EM also stated no major changes to the Model S for 12 months, and then he released the 70kwh battery, phased out the 60kwh battery, added the 90kwh battery, added ludicrous, etc.

We should start a refresh announcement date poll....

I'm going with 2/16/2016. No reason other than it will be my younger boy's 10th birthday. Plus Model III is planned for intro in March.

Big items:
1. New nose
2. LED Headlights
3. Ventilated seats - update to the back seats - interior fit/finish
4. New filtration (whatever they call it on the X....DEFCON 5...)

And yes... here is my wildcard....

5. Panoramic roof goes away and we get the new X windshield.

All pure speculation of course, but keep in mind that I frequent the Mothership often when I'm down in San Jose....

Last edited:
Reactions: gsxdsm