Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking Forward to the Model 3 Debut

How excited are you about the debut?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"A decision on the location of the new Gigafactory is imminent, with US states Nevada, Arizona, California, New Mexico and Texas all in the running"

Article supposedly published 23 Jul, 2015 3:20pm. Very poorly written clickbait, seems to be a rehash of (very) old info.

Unlike the neurosurgeons and radiologists, this dumb internist will only be able to afford a Model 3 or used Model S.

I pretty much made up my mind to wait until Model 3 is released and beta-tested by the brave depositers around next Christmas.

If it will be a non-superchargeable RWD steelie with sub-300mi range count me out, I will get a used S85D Model S instead.

Unlike the neurosurgeons and radiologists, this dumb internist will only be able to afford a Model 3 or used Model S.

I pretty much made up my mind to wait until Model 3 is released and beta-tested by the brave depositers around next Christmas.

If it will be a non-superchargeable RWD steelie with sub-300mi range count me out, I will get a used S85D Model S instead.

No reason to insult yourself man, med school has to be hard. I sure do hope we can supercharge our 3's though.

"131 nuggets on the wall..." "Take one down, pass it around..."
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445728505.002142.jpg

Okay...

So I just traded in my 11 year old Corolla for a 3 year lease on a Prius in anticipation of a mid-to-late 2018 arrival of this bad boy. If ever I needed Elon to be on time (or just a little bit late) now is the time!

I'm hoping that worst case scenario they are a bit late (say June 2018 until major production ramp for us regular, non-sig buyers) and I end up with a small overlap between the 2 cars in which case I let the wife use the remaining miles on the Prius. But boy I hope they arent late a full year on production...

Last edited:
Okay...

So I just traded in my 11 year old Corolla for a 3 year lease on a Prius in anticipation of a mid-to-late 2018 arrival of this bad boy. If ever I needed Elon to be on time (or just a little bit late) now is the time!

I'm hoping that worst case scenario they are a bit late (say June 2018 until major production ramp for us regular, non-sig buyers) and I end up with a small overlap between the 2 cars in which case I let the wife use the remaining miles on the Prius. But boy I hope they arent late a full year on production...

I have a 2004 Prius with 181k miles on it. I have a mini celebration each day it makes it through. I hope it can last until production.

I have a 2004 Prius with 181k miles on it. I have a mini celebration each day it makes it through. I hope it can last until production.
If it makes you feel better, my 2007 Prius is just short of 329k miles. No problems with the drivetrain. The AC compressor failed under warranty, and I had to replace the right-side buttons and spiral cable on the steering wheel this last summer. My right heel has worn a hole in the floor mat -- I really should find another one on eBay or something before winter sets in. My mechanic says everything still looks good, and he thinks I should probably make it to 500k without any real problems. I really hope Tesla can match this level of reliability with the Model 3 -- fingers crossed!

If it makes you feel better, my 2007 Prius is just short of 329k miles. No problems with the drivetrain. The AC compressor failed under warranty, and I had to replace the right-side buttons and spiral cable on the steering wheel. My right heel has worn a hole in the floor mat -- I really should find another one on eBay or something before winter sets in. My mechanic says everything still looks good, and he thinks I should probably make it to 500k without any real problems. I really hope Tesla can match this level of reliability with the Model 3 -- fingers crossed!

Holy crap, wow. What type of maintenance have you done to keep it running?