Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buzzing noise with acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Start from last Tuesday, I noticed that my S85 with 28000 km is making a buzzing noise with acceleration that sound like a table saw being used.
Does anyone has the similar problem? Looks like a lot owners in States have it.
:confused::confused::confused:

Start from last Tuesday, I noticed that my S85 with 28000 km is making a buzzing noise with acceleration that sound like a table saw being used.
Does anyone has the similar problem? Looks like a lot owners in States have it.
:confused::confused::confused:

Sorry to hear that you should bring it into service ASAP; you're right for the owners in the states, they replaced the entire powertrain for that milling noise.

Sorry to hear that you should bring it into service ASAP; you're right for the owners in the states, they replaced the entire powertrain for that milling noise.

I did call the service, they replied it was a normal noise after the motor run it, for me it was unacceptable as it was very quiet in the cabin when I got it in JAN. Anyway I already book an appointment to service in NOV, just want to know any others in HK have the same problem and how did they solve it. :crying:

I did call the service, they replied it was a normal noise after the motor run it, for me it was unacceptable as it was very quiet in the cabin when I got it in JAN. Anyway I already book an appointment to service in NOV, just want to know any others in HK have the same problem and how did they solve it. :crying:
Okay, after ONE month waiting for the service appointment, they admitted that the drive unit needs to be replaced but currently out of stock.... so another WAITING list for parts from the US. Maybe I should get used to the mining noise as background music .......:crying:

Would you mind making a video/sound recording of the noise? It would be nice reference for HK owners to see if they are just paranoid or the drive unit is really failing haha

Did you do a lot of burn outs from traffic lights? :biggrin:

+point for Tesla HK