Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unhappy Owners Post's Removed / Censored

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

I just received a message from a mod that talking negative about Tesla on this forum creates a "toxic atmosphere" and my posts were moved / removed from the site.

I have to ask, is it fair when someone is upset and frustrated with the quality of my car and also the service to censor my posts? Is this site only geared towards those who only have positive things to say and praise everything that is Tesla? I am frustrated as I spent a lot of money on my P85D and I am having many problems and having issues with the servicing of my vehicle. Does that warrant the censoring of my posts?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSU1NmXHk4PKRIIn_VnLBkEgrWGzS4UbZMljC-TGNSF4Tq42NdvQ34YEOU.jpg

Well, most of the people who are "deeply" invested in this site and "run" it are also deeply invested in Tesla financially. I have found a similarly disheartening experience a few times, it is what it is, can't do much about it, this isn't a site "owned by the people"...

Hey All,

I just received a message from a mod that talking negative about Tesla on this forum creates a "toxic atmosphere" and my posts were moved / removed from the site.

I have to ask, is it fair when someone is upset and frustrated with the quality of my car and also the service to censor my posts? Is this site only geared towards those who only have positive things to say and praise everything that is Tesla? I am frustrated as I spent a lot of money on my P85D and I am having many problems and having issues with the servicing of my vehicle. Does that warrant the censoring of my posts?

Nice spin. But there is plenty of negative talk about Tesla on this forum. And very very rarely are posts removed.

So I'm going to assume you've spun what the moderator actually said.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, most of the people who are "deeply" invested in this site and "run" it are also deeply invested in Tesla financially. I have found a similarly disheartening experience a few times, it is what it is, can't do much about it, this isn't a site "owned by the people"...

You've had a post removed? Don't think so. What you did have was a group of Roadster owners disagree with your assessment of the support they were receiving, based on their own personal experience.

Hey All,

Lots of people post lots of issues critical of Tesla, the car and service issues. These are not censored.
If your post was removed, it is probably because it went beyond objective criticism... perhaps including flaming, irrational foul language or personal attacks (for instance... I don't really know what you posted).

I figured as much. It seems that the site is heavily biased towards those who have only positive things to say, but the negative posts and unhappy customers are bullied and battered, then outright censored when speaking up. I would assume that there are financial investments by those that moderate the site, and they feel the urge to police criticisms as much as possible to protect their investment. Hence the disclaimers people on posts as they try to protect things they say from being published, likely because it could affect stock prices.

It is very different then any other forum I am ever been on, thats for sure. I have concerns and vent my frustration and immediately am called a "troll" and bullied, then outright censored because people disagree with me. It is shocking to say the least.

I figured as much. It seems that the site is heavily biased towards those who have only positive things to say, but the negative posts and unhappy customers are bullied and battered, then outright censored when speaking up. I would assume that there are financial investments by those that moderate the site, and they feel the urge to police criticisms as much as possible to protect their investment. Hence the disclaimers people on posts as they try to protect things they say from being published, likely because it could affect stock prices.

It is very different then any other forum I am ever been on, thats for sure. I have concerns and vent my frustration and immediately am called a "troll" and bullied, then outright censored because people disagree with me. It is shocking to say the least.

O please.

You joined a few days ago. Pissed all over Tesla (which is fine, you do point out nearly every flaw that Tesla has), act hoity toity because you have a performance model and someone else only has a "regular" model, because you paid cash for 2 cars, etc. then you get pissy that you're called a troll.

After the initial heat simmers down, you go on to flame Tesla [using misconstrued "facts"] about several of their other flaws.

Did I get the timeline correct?

I am surprised that your post got removed, it didn't seem too bad, I'm not surprised about the lack of sympathy you're getting.

Not that it's any of our business but since you started this thread how about you post the message that you got?

As you can see, I am being called "trollish" because I have been venting frustrations with my experience with my car and the service. The only thing I have done is voiced my opinion, which of course is negative, because I am upset with Tesla. If you read what he is saying, he is encouraging only "positive" posts. I have done nothing to violate any rules, and am being policed simply because I disagree with the Tesla fans here, nothing more.

Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 1.57.52 PM.png

IMHO, that would not be proper, a private message is just that, a private message. either take the OP at his word or dismiss him and move on.

Exactly. It's a private message. This whole thread needs to be private too.

In other forums which I frequent, discussing warning/etc. is another warning on top of what you originally got called out for. Apparently on TMC you can talk about private mod communications.

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see, I am being called "trollish" because I have been venting frustrations with my experience with my car and the service. The only thing I have done is voiced my opinion, which of course is negative, because I am upset with Tesla. If you read what he is saying, he is encouraging only "positive" posts. I have done nothing to violate any rules, and am being policed simply because I disagree with the Tesla fans here, nothing more.

View attachment 98606
That mod did call out one thing which I didn't feel comfortable doing publicly. Kudo's to him. I'm not convinced you're an owner.

View attachment 98606

So where exactly is the part where they removed your posts? The rest of it looks like they're asking for civil behavior. I can point to plenty of forum members that are almost consistently negative about Tesla, but respectful towards other forum members.

So where exactly is the part where they removed your posts? The rest of it looks like they're asking for civil behavior. I can point to plenty of forum members that are almost consistently negative about Tesla, but respectful towards other forum members.

They did "remove" his post from the thread. They moved his reply to me into snippiness.