Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Parallel Parking feature working for anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone get the parallel parking feature to work yet, if so, what's the trick.
Looks like it's automatically enabled as there is no control for it.

The auto park is actually my favorite part. At first it didn't seem to work for me. Tried 4 or 5 times. Then bingo! But I think it has to do with speed, your lateral distance from the parked cars and the amount you pull up passed the space. It does a beautiful parking job! Completes with a stop with equal distance from the front and back cars. But I think the "P" symbol should appear a bit brighter on the instrument panel so you know it "sees" the space and is ready to park

The auto park is actually my favorite part. At first it didn't seem to work for me. Tried 4 or 5 times. Then bingo! But I think it has to do with speed, your lateral distance from the parked cars and the amount you pull up passed the space. It does a beautiful parking job! Completes with a stop with equal distance from the front and back cars. But I think the "P" symbol should appear a bit brighter on the instrument panel so you know it "sees" the space and is ready to park
You say it has to do with speed, distance from the parked cars, and how far you pull past the space, mind sharing what you found worked there? (how slow/fast, how far from the parked cars, and how far past the space?)

You say it has to do with speed, distance from the parked cars, and how far you pull past the space, mind sharing what you found worked there? (how slow/fast, how far from the parked cars, and how far past the space?)
10-12 mph.
2 - 2.5 ft. lateral distance
Stop about halfway past the frontmost car.

That seemed to do the trick. Also I think the curb needs to be somewhat pronounced.

Having problems myself. I haven't been able to get the "p" indicator. The owners manual is a bit confusing and contradictory regarding when to expect to see the "p". It says it will show the "p" 1-2 lengths in front of the space, but then it says to stop 1 length in front.

The problem with experimenting with this is that there is usually someone impatient behind me so I don't always feel I have time to keep on trying. (It took a lot of practice to learn to use my, very much less capable, Prius auto park).

That's very unfortunate, our city likes very low and rounded curbs...

Keep trying. IT will kick in at some point and you'll get a feel for it.

- - - Updated - - -

How pronounced? I've had my car notice curbs that are very low. But I haven't had a chance to test auto-parking yet.

Also does auto-park work on both sides of the street?
It supposed to. Only tried it on the right side.

Roamed around several neighborhoods near home looking for a place to try it and only saw a couple of opportunities. Couldn't get it to trigger in either one. I would have kept trying, but it's mid-day and I didn't want any block watch captains to get the wrong idea about the car slowly cruising their neighborhood.

Details/limitations of Autopark are in the manual (yes, it was updated)
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg